Realization and Decisions

Kingsley was pacing in his room. he had finally broke free from those wretched jewels' hold, at least, completely. He had been without one for almost a year now, and he had already mended his relationship with his family -who had welcomed him with open arms- and the people he had hurt in that state. He was pacing because of a certain question he couldn't answer.

Why did he continue his pursuit of Luigi? It's not like he hated the lanky plumber. Not even when he was losing his mind did he hate Luigi. He actually admired the effort the man had went through for his brother, he did take on four legions of ghosts after all; and against the ex-master-of-illusions no doubt!

There was quite a lot he liked about the man, actually. Especially after he reached out to Luigi after a kart race. His sense of humor, the way he laughs, his clumsiness, how despite the fact that he's had his silver retriever for years he still gets spooked by the pup, and that's just some reasons found as they chatted. Over the years hunting him, Kingsley clung on to his ability to at least see the man King Boo was attacking, at least to silently mourn him should he have failed. Just on the last attempt on Luigi's life alone there was that valiant determination as King Boo threatened both their lives just for the sake of capturing Luigi, determined to save his brother, and the electrifyingly enticing look in his ocean blue orbs as he overcame the fear of King Boo again, that shocking bravery attacking his core through his eerie purple eyes.

Oh.

He was in love with Luigi. That explains so much of even what King Boo did. Kingsley didn't know what to do.

Luigi had finally confirmed his suspicion, he was in love with Kingsley. Hearing him ramble on about his family, warmed by the giggles that escaped the ghost while recounting childhood shenanigans, making note of every small detail, tearing up as he vented about the horrific truth of the gems and King Boo, he was in love with the tired orb. He wanted to be strong enough to help him deal with any prying ghosts, like a couple of purple graves, so he figured it was finally time to dig into that well of confidence he piled up after the void incident, start working on his strength and his thunderhand again. If nothing else, this was a wonderful excuse to talk to him again, maybe get him to vent some more.