𝟶𝟷

☾𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝☽
𝚘𝚗𝚎

☾𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝☽𝚘𝚗𝚎

it's official, sophia barnes was late.

despite her father's efforts to gently shake her awake, and her mother's attempts to wake her by stroking her hair softly until she gave in and dozed off next to her daughter only for bucky to wake lucie up twenty minutes later, there was not even a squint appearing from the mop of blonde hair that was sophia.

it wasn't until she heard the front door slam as her father left that she rolled over to check the alarm clock, her eyes blurring over the digits.

"8:24"she whispered as she rolled back over, only to jump up quickly with wide eyes and tangled hair.

"shit shit shit" she swore as she fumbled out of bed, tripping over the pillows on her floor as she ran into the kitchen to see her mother just about to pack up her work bag.

"why didn't you wake me up!" sophia wined as she slid over to the kettle and quickly made a cup of tea, a habit she picked up from her great aunt peggy.

lucie barnes chuckled at her daughter's frayed state and relied "well we did try, you were very insistent. you'll have to take the subway, i'm meeting with maria at the tower so i can't drop you off. your dad's already left to the compound."

sophia looked at her mother with unblinking eyes as she slowly untangled her hair, that was until she saw the clock in the living room that reminded her how late she was about to be.

"i have to go mom, have fun and i'll see you tonight!" sophia shrieked as she slid back into her room, tripping back it to kiss her mother's cheek quickly before she got to work taming her hair.

after a little bit of tweaking, in no less than 12 minutes, sophia had brushed her hair until it reached the wavy state she often adorned, and she brushed her teeth quickly as she packed her school bag.

she was about to walk out of the house when she looked down to see she was just in her dad's old t shirt and she groaned and ran back into her room, swiftly changing into a little green t shirt, a pair of flared jeans and her black converse.

to finish the look she picked up her mom's old brown leather jacket and ran out the front door, slamming the door shut as it automatically locked and ran down the stairs to the subway station right outside her block of flats in brooklyn.

as she skipped down the stairs, she pawed through her backpack until she found her purse, quickly buying a ticket and running through the turnstiles.