Chpater 10:0 Days, D-Day

The Avengers were up and ready, all suited up and going over the plan with Tony.

"There's no reason why Loki will be there. I have him under lock and key so that will make the mission a little bit easier," Tony paced back and forth as he chewed on some blueberries. Wanda and Diana gave each other a side glance and rolled their eyes.

"The main priority is to make sure the tesseract isn't activated . Diana and Pepper will be watching the monitors from the tower."

"What?" Diana stood up as she pushed her chair away.

"You can't be there Diana, it's too dangerous." Tony stopped in front of her as he placed his hands on her sides.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child Tony when you brought me in to help you."

"He's right, though; you haven't had any field training and can't even operate a gun," Nat chimed in as she leaned against the wall.

"I don't think anyone asked for your opinion." Diana snapped back at her.

"Diana please, and she can operate a gun. I have seen her do it," Tony grabbed her hand in front of everybody as he held her attention on him. Diana could feel her face turning red and saw Pepper shift uncomfortably.

"Fine!" Diana sat back down as Tony finished his rant on what the plan was.

"Just in case the tower is breached, Pepper will show you where we keep the weapons. But we will have other people and staff here, so you are the last line of defense," Tony finished up.

They all got up as they began to exit the room. Steve paused at the door as he turned to Diana and gave her a small wink and a smile. She couldn't help but smile back.

Wanda walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"Good luck, Diana. Be safe."

"You too, Wanda. Come back whole."

They said their goodbyes as Tony waited for the rest of the team to leave.

"I know you're mad at me. But I can't have you out there helping us if all this goes to shit because I won't be able to concentrate. I'd be too worried about you, and that'd be selfish of me to let the team down."

Diana nodded her head and smiled at Tony.

"I understand, but do me a favor before you leave."

"Anything."

"Go tell Pepper goodbye."

Tony gave her an odd look but nodded his head in agreement and walked away.

Diana walked into the control room where some of the other technicians were fast at work typing away and pulling up camera monitors from the streets of New York.

"Is there any sign of trouble?" Diana asked the female technician. She simply shook her head no.

Diana sat down at one monitor as she typed in the password and got into the cameras at Stark Tower. Her biggest concern was the one in Loki's holding cell. There she could see him sitting down, he turned to look at the camera directly and smiled. She then saw him mouth the words, Bye Diana.

"Jarvis!" Diana yelled into her earpiece, scaring some of the technicians and Pepper.

Yes, Miss Blodgett?

"I need you to do a thermal sweep in Loki's holding cell, but for cold temperatures."

"What's going on?" Pepper walked up to Diana with her tablet in hand.