Chapter 7

Last night had been so stressful, yet reassuring.
Frodo, Merry, Piper, Sam, and Piper were all sleeping in a messy mass at the floor.

They woke up to a knock on their door.
A pretty elf came in and brought some clean clothes to them. Sam and Frodo were the first ones up. They got dressed, and then Frodo said:"Merry, Piper, Pippin wake up nd get dressed! We have to meet the king!"
Piper didn't care, but Merry started to get up. Pippin was still asleep, hugging a pillow.
"Noooo." Piper said sleepily and dragged Merry back to the floor and pulled Pippin closer to him;"Imma sleep with mah boyss." She slurred very sleepily.
Sam and Frodo looked at eachother, and knew exactly what to do. They filled a bucket with ice cold water, and poured it over them.
"Okay we'll get up!!" Pippin screamed and ran to grab a towel. Piper was actually quiet happy, but not with the thing that her hair was now completely wet. She got up and dressed up.
The clothes were very comftrible, and very elvish. The boys had dark green pants, green tunics and brownish jackets.
Piper had light brown pants, suitable for running around at the forest and hunting. She also had a forest green shirt, and a brown belt with a golden buckle.
When they all were ready, they walked out of the room.

Piper's pov

I opened the door and walked out of the room. There was a long staircase right in front of the door. There were many doors en route, but our own room had been on top.
I walked down the stairs and admired the beautiful structure of the woodland kingdom. High walls, gold and silver, many high staircases, lots of big doors.
We saw many elves on our way down, they were all so beautiful and flawless with their long hair and blue shining eyes. I greeted everyone politely, boys just stared at everything and everyone in awe.

We came to a big dining hall, and saw Gandalf with Thranduil and a couple other elves that I didn't regonize.
"Ah, you have arrived, my halflings." Thranduil said.
"Yes, my king." We all did a small bow towards him.
"This is Legolas, my son. He will train you some archery when you have time." Thranduil said, and pointed out a handsome elf.
"Pleasure." Legolas said.
"My pleasure, my prince." I said.
"Pleasure, my prince." The boys said.
"Legolas, you may leave now. Follow me, I will show you around." Thranduil said.

After we had seen the gates, halls, dungeons, stables, several important rooms, and the weapon room Thranduil had told the others to leave the room to speak with me.
I had no idea why.

After Sam had closed the door behind him, Thranduil turned quickly around, and stared straight to my eyes.
"Uh, what was the thing you wanted to speak about, my king?" I asked nervously.
"No. Not really. Are you hungry?" He asked.
"No, I'm not, my king." I answered, a little confused.
"Just call me Thranduil." He said, and suddenly dashed right in front of me, and gently took my face in his long, pale fingers. He looked straight into my eyes, and I could feel myself blushing.
"Pretty." He said.
He kissed my forehead, and said:" Till the next time."