Chapter 1

October 17th 1990

Nine year old, Olivia Stark sat in the backseat of her father's car.

They were on their way to Peggy Carter's house so Olivia can stay with her and her best friend, Sharon.

"All most there, pumpkin." Howard Stark told his daughter, Olivia smiled at him.

"Okay daddy." Olivia said before focusing back to her stuffed bunny.

There then was the roaring of a motorcycle and a front tire being slashed causing the car to lose control.

Olivia let out a scream as the car crashed into a big tree, forcing the young girl to lurch forward.

Smoke filled the car causing Olivia to cough violently, it stopped however when Howard got out of the car, the man mumbling.

"Help... my wife and daughter... help my wife."

Olivia watched as a man with a mask, made his way over to her father.

He grabbed her father by his hair, making him look up at the masked man.

"Sergeant Barnes?" Olivia heard her father asked as the man punched Howard in the face multiple times cracking his head on the side of the car.

Olivia stayed quiet as her mother called for her father, as the man snapped his neck.

Olivia watched as he placed her father back in the car, before going over to her mother's side.

Olivia tried to be quiet but a cry left her mouth as her mom's neck was snapped.

The man, looked at the younger girl, and even at a young age she saw a hint of sorrow in his eyes.

As he walked away Olivia sat terrified in the backseat staring at her parents corpses.

That was the night however that changed Olivia's life, one single gun shot to a camera triggered something inside her.

April 19th 2024

My right leg swiped under Jack's feet as he fell back against the mat, with a loud thud and a groan.

"Okay. That's enough for one day." Jack said as I helped him up.

"Well, I could have guessed that since you sucked on that last work out." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." He waved me away.

I laughed at him as my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Olivia, it's Sam." My laughing stopped, my lips pressed into a thin line.

"What can I do for you Sam?" I asked as I started to unwrap my hand.