Chapter 1

From our sweaty skins to our beer stained shirts, the Circuit Paul Ricard is the place to be as loud cheers can be heard as the racers begin their final lap around the track. I peel my shirt off as it clings to my skin and a fair amount of whistles are sent my way as I swing my shirt around in the air. 

I flash the hooters a cheeky smile before downing the rest of my beer as we revert our attention back to the race.

"Adrien Renaud and Jeffery Richards are side by side." The announcer states before wincing loudly as one driver swerves off course before crashing into the concrete wall. "And Vickers is down."

My hand tightens around my brothers hand as Adrien and Jeffery are neck in neck to determine who will become the world champion

My hand tightens around my brothers hand as Adrien and Jeffery are neck in neck to determine who will become the world champion. Adrien has spent many months prepping for this race and he has done a lot of research into Jeffrey's style so he knows exactly who he is up against.

Prior to becoming a professional racer five years ago, Adrien used to do a lot of street racing and that's how we first met. One of my high school friends used to scout locations for these types of races and I randomly ended up tagging along to a race that almost led to us getting arrested.

 One of my high school friends used to scout locations for these types of races and I randomly ended up tagging along to a race that almost led to us getting arrested

"And Richards has passed Renaud."

"Shit." I curse as they start nearing the finish line so I pull out my film camera to document this historic moment.

"Ouch." Vinnie rips his hand away from mine and I apologise to him. "Just grab your seat from now on."

Our attention soon returns to the race and tensions are at an all time high as everyone waits to see who will cross the finish line. My eyes narrow as tension builds up in my body as I think of the preparation that went into this race and how much this all means to Adrien.

He would be devastated if he lost.

Adrien slows down slightly before picking up speed and my mouth parts as he crosses the finish line with Jeffrey crossing a few seconds after him. Screams can be heard for miles as everyone cheers on the new champion and I turn my film camera around to document everyone's reaction to Adrien's win.

The people around us throw their beer cups into the air but the loudest scream leaves my lips as Adrien gives everyone the thumbs up. His family soon join mine for a brief family celebration before security helps us go down to meet the new winner who has been lifted into the air by his team.