Good things come to those who don't put up with shit

Just a quick A/N: "Doof doof" is an Australian term for loud electronic music centred on a heavy bass drum kick. It's basically the sound you hear when you pass a house blaring music but you can't understand the lyrics or even recognize the song. I'm Australian so I don't really know any other way to describe it in my writing.

------------------------------

《Doof doof doof doof》

"Urgh, not again! Why must they have a party every weekend?!" I groan and flop onto my bed.

Doof doof doof doof bada dada dum cling》

I hear the music come to a stop.

'Ah good, silence once more....' I think closing my eyes

Bam doof doof doof doof

"That's it" I scream, jumping off of my bed and marching out of my house.

I stomp up to my neighbor's house, banging on the door as hard as I could. I'm sure my face was bright red but I didn't care. 'I've put up with this for long enough' I thought still banging on the door.

The door swings open as I'm about to hit it once more. "Hello, can I hel... whoa calm down what did my door do to you?" A man says slightly yelling to be heard over the music. I look up to see a nice looking man with softly tussled hair and a sultry voice.

"I.. uh.. it's not your door I have a problem with, it's you and those other noisy creatures you call roommates. I have to deal with loud parties on the weekends and constant yell the rest of the week" I reply also slightly yelling, taking a step back.

"Oh... oh I'm sorry, geez." He says facepalming and begins talking to himself.

"I told them if they didn't turn it down someone would complain." He shakes his head and turns back to me.

"Honestly I'm so sorry. I'll go tell them to turn it down. Don't go anywhere, I want to find a way to make it up to you" he turns and walks away into his house.

A few seconds go by and the music gets turned down. I hear a few complaints but the music stays at the quieter tone as the man walks back.

"So..., really I'm sorry. I'm Atticus by the way, I'm guessing your one of our neighbors?" He says at a normal volume walking out of the house closing the door behind him.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Y/N, I live right next door. I'm sorry for storming over here I just couldn't handle the noise anymore." I say slightly embarrassed after I had cooled down.

"Nah don't be sorry. We, well I mean really they were being bad neighbors. So you go to the collage near by right? I think I've seen you around." He asks sitting on a step.

"Yeah I'm studying there but I only go a couple of days a week. Most of my classes are online, which is why I need the quiet during the week" I say.

Atticus jumps up as his face lights up. "How about I take you to lunch, to make up for my roommates mistakes, we can chat and get to know each other "

I laugh and nod my head. He motions me to his car and we drive to a small Cafe near the college. We talk about anything and everything. It's was a great time, we even exchanged phone numbers.

~one week later~

Doof doof doof doof》

'Not again" I think and take out my phone.

Y/n: Hey you home?

A: Yeah. Are they too loud again? I'll go tell them to turn it down.

Y/n: No, I want to meet them and maybe teach them a lesson

Y/n: In a nice polite way of course

I stomp out of my house and to my neighbor's once more, hoping this time something will change.

-------------------------------

Ok so this was a request by erica4807
Thanks for the idea, this was really fun to write.

If anyone has any ideas or requests please let me know, they're so fun and help me feel productive.

As for why I haven't updated in so long is because I haven't had any ideas (for this book or any of my others) I'll try to work harder 😅

There's not much else to say so I guess, have a lovely day

Bye

Drew X