II

After the Hyuga family went down, the Uchiha family went upwards and claimed the throne of the village. The large vacant castle near the end of town was claimed by the legendary Uchiha's. King Fugaku was forced to married his maid, Mikoto, after an 'incident' in the broom closet, resulting with their first child, Itachi Uchiha. He died shortly after birth from an illness.

The rest of the royal family was killed during a raid from the opposing kingdom, the day the second prince was born, Sasuke Uchiha, who luckily survived the deadly attack. He was taken away by his then-butler Kakashi Hatake, who has been raising him ever since.

Sasuke's parents were close friends with the Uzumaki family, and shortly after the deaths of Mr and Ms.Uzumaki, Fugaku requested (before his own death) that the orphaned Uzumaki live with the Uchiha's in the castle. Since they had deceased themselves, Kakashi took the Uzumaki boy, who was 0% royal, under his wing with Sasuke.

Close to his 19th birthday, Mikoto had requested (in a confidential letter before her death) as a final wish that Kakashi, or whomever the caretaker of Sasuke was presently, to organize a royal ball, inviting all the young ladies of the village (royal or peasant) to help Sasuke pick a wife of his choice. It was tradition in the Uchiha family that they marry young, and 19 was a pretty decent age for marriage.

Kakashi trudged out of bed, finished his duties in the bathroom, and went off to wake the boys. He decided to start with Naruto, as Sasuke was unusually grumpier in the mornings and Kakashi did have the patience to deal with him today.

Kakashi banged the door, "Oi, Naruto! Up and at 'em, boy!"

No response.

"Naruto..."

Still no response.

Kakashi sighed, "The ramen store across the street is being closed due to parasites found in their veggie pork soup..."

Kakashi waited, silently counting down in his head. He knew that this was the only way he'd wake the blond up. To his surprise, Kakashi heard a loud bang, followed by a yell and the sound of pants being buttoned and suspenders being snapped. No sooner, the door burst open with the frantic boy breathing heavily.

"Haaf...haaf...for reals?" he exclaimed. "But I just ate there yesterday!"

"Then the parasites are already inside of you." said a voice to his right, and Kakashi saw Sasuke slip past him and descending the staircase. "Hurry up, Hatake. I'm hungry."

Kakashi blinked, then followed him downstairs, "Yes, my lord."

Naruto felt a vein pop, "Hey! You can't just say that and walk away, you old fart!" He chased after Kakashi, "HEY! Get back here!"

Kakashi tossed the Kuruma Flakes cereal box across the large kitchen, Sasuke catching it with a hand. He poured it into a bowl and dumped milk over it. He took a seat in front of the fireplace, in his navy blue robes, with the Uchiha emblem printed at the back.

Naruto stumbled over the footrest and flew across the room, landing in front of the fireplace. His overflowing bowl of Kuruma Flakes spilt on the Prince.

"AHH!" Naruto held hso head. "Oh, um, sorry, Sasuke."

"Naruto...you moron." Sasuke grumbled. "Napkin, Hatake."

Kakashi came forth and handed the prince his quilted handkerchief, who snatched it while rolling his eyes, "Thanks..." He mumbled.

Kakashi bowed his head, "Sire, I have told the postman to deliver all the letters you wrote previously regarding the annual ball. Is that alright?"

"Yeah..." Sasuke gave the soaking wet handkerchief back to the butler, who took it back groggily, "Put that in the wash now. It reeks of milk."

"Yes, my lord."

Sasuke watched as his butler lazily left, holding the napkin with the tips of his index and thumb only, in disgust. Naruto dabbed his collared sleeve against the carpet, absorbing all the soggy Kuruma Flakes. Naruto scrambled to his feet and took a seat on the recliner next to the prince.

"So what's this ball for anyways?" he asked, licking his spoon.

Sasuke swallowed his cereal before responding, "It's so I can pick a wife. According to tradition, I have to dance with all the females until I find somebody who I like." He took another spoonful of milk, "I personally think it's stupid."

"Lucky bastard!" Naruto slapped him upside the head. "You're given the rare opportunity to dance with all the girls in the village and pick the girl of your choice, and you think it's stupid? You're fucked up!"

Sasuke sneered, "I don't want to do this. It was my parents last request. I have never been in love before, you see."

"But aren't, like, all the chics in the village in love with you?"

"Listen, I don't care. None of them seem to be my type." Sasuke replied with a sassy tone. "They're all too snobby, annoying, girly, loud, obnoxious, demanding...the list could go on."

"But they're HOT!" Naruto reasoned.

Sasuke rolled his eyes, "Take a girl, paint her face with makeup, give her a revealing dress, slap some high heels on her, fondle with her hair using enough hairspray that could kill a villages worth of rats...is that your definition of hot?"

Naruto shrugged, "If all that makes her look cute, then sure."

The raven haired prince sighed, "Does personality mean nothing to you, boy?"

"Hmm, depends, really." Naruto stood up and demonstrated using multiple hand gestures and actions, "If she's pretty but talkative, I can always shut her up with a kiss. If she's quiet and ugly, I can't really do anything, can I? See, prince, beauty goes before personality, you hear?"

"My father would care to differ." Sasuke's nostrils flared. "Sit, boy, lemme tell you a quick story."

Naruto reluctantly obliged, as he began, "My father was the king. He too had the ball when he was about 19 or so, and he spent the entire night dancing with random girls. But the entire night, his eyes would never leave the castle's maid. She was dressed in a simple black, non-revealing dress, mopping the wine spill at the corner of the ballroom. Sure, she was beautiful on the outside, and she didn't even need any cosmetics or whatnot, but my father fell for her because of her sweet and honest personality. The end."

Naruto squinted, "Didn't your dad bang her in the broom closet?"

"That's besides the point." Sasuke replied gruffly. "I meant to say that personality comes first for me and dancing with somebody is not the way I want to chose my spouse. It's as simple as that."

Naruto pursed his lips, "And what if you meet a girl with an awesome personality and good looks?"

Sasuke shrugged, with a small chuckle, "That'a ideal."

Naruto snickered, making Sasuke chuckle some more, "Well, since you are a resident of the Uchiha Castle...and you're somewhat my best friend..." Sasuke ignored the twinkly eye look Naruto was giving him after hearing his relationship to the prince. "You can come and dance at the ball tonight."

"For...reals?" Naruto asked quietly.

"Don't make me withdraw my desicion, and just accept it."

Naruto threw his arms around the prince and began laughing, giving Sasuke a long noogie. Sasuke threw him off the recliner and Naruto fell to the floor, making Sasuke laugh obnoxiously.

"You're such an idiot, Uzumaki."

"I know I am, smart ass."

~~~★•★•★~~~

A/N: Yay! Naruto and Sasuke are awesome friends! lol Kakashi is the butler. xD

★Lee★