#8 ReveranceTale

Even with all his strength and talent, Alloy simply can't keep going after restoring Geno's codes. He can't go forever like Ink or Error have been known to do. That's not what he wants to be. Alloy lands in a completely random AU, and once he deems it secluded enough, collapses into a bed of snow and falls into a dreamless sleep. In another realm, a Deity uncurls and stretches before setting off to check on it's other Multiverse. Alloy never bothered to figure out what AU he had actually landed it.

****************

Long ago, Humans and Monsters lived in harmony. They worked side by side to build their empires and discover new lands. Magic flourished in this ancient time among Humans and Monsters.

Despite this, Human mages were always stronger than Monsters. They were so powerful that they had the ability to enchant objects. The magic would last beyond the mage's death. Many of these great relics were created to aid the two races.

But many of the humans became greedy. They craved more from the land than it could give. Fearing what their brethren would do, the rest of the Humans and the Monsters came together to defeat them. After years of bloody conflict, the allied forces were victorious. They rescued the relics from the ashes, but soon realized that they were too powerful. These tools started this war.

Humanity agreed that they had faults and fell easily to greed, but the Monsters were not like them. Never once had they taken more than they needed. Monsters could sense the delicate balances of nature and behave accordingly. They would not abuse the tools of creation.

The Humans decided that the Monsters should protect the relics from ever again being used for evil. All at once, the Human mages gave up their magic to the Monsters so they should never be defeated in battle. It made their bodies and souls strong beyond measure. The different Monster clans quickly scattered across the continents to guard their chosen relics.

Centuries passed, and the relics and Monsters faded into legend. Not a single Human had seen any trace of either. That all changed when a Human was born with magic. It should have been impossible since they gave it all away, but a small child was discovered to have quite an unusual ability. She called it determination. She could set 'save points' for herself and rewind time back to that moment, erasing injuries and wiping the memories of future events for everyone but herself.

The magic in the relics called out to the child. The tools of her ancestors cried out to be taken into conquest once again. She followed the pull deep into a jungle and discovered the first relic guarded by a tree-dwelling race of Monsters. They did not become hostile until she tried to take the relic called Radnark's Chestplate. It's enchanted to be impenetrable. No matter how many times the child was killed, she came back, and each time she learned how to evade a new enemy. The Guardians were killed and the relic stolen.

In this manner, the Human child captured relic after relic. She took them from the plains, oceans, volcanic islands, and many other untouched corners of the world. Each one gave her incredible abilities and power. By the time she became an adult, she ruled almost all of the human lands. Only one last relic stood between her and an eternal empire: the Fountain of Youth. The fountain is hidden high in a snowy mountain range and guarded by the Skeleton clan.

The Human was confident in her power and that of the relics. She ascended the mountain alone. The Skeletons were a strong race that bravely fought the human down to the last apprentice. This young Monster, barely in his teens, practically a baby in the long life of a skeleton, was witness to the slaughter of his whole clan. Petrified, he could only watch until the rest of his comrades fell. This finally snapped him back into the horror of reality. The apprentice conjured a bone and sent it flying through the human's chest before they realized that they had missed one.