Chapter 34

I stare at him and frown, the tears burning my face and the ecstasy burning my heart. Who is Bella? Not that it matters to me, because I'm married. And who is this man standing in Dustin's bedroom?

"Doug, get the fuck out." Dustin growls in a tone I've never heard him use before. The man, Doug, is starting to bald. He has spent more money on plastic surgery than anything else in his life. He wears a pink polo and khaki pants.

"Yes sir. I'll wait in the living room." Doug addresses, leaving the room and shutting the door.

"Nova..." Dustin whispers. I roll my eyes and throw the covers off of me, walking to the bathroom.

"Nova, wait!" Dustin yells, jumping out of the bed to follow me. He follows me into the bathroom where I walk to the toilet. I shut the door in his face and he laughs.

"Nova, don't get upset." He says calmly. I smile, and instantly force myself to stop.

"Go away. Take care of whatever that is and you can talk to me later."

"I'm not going anywhere. You're more important than anything." I push the door open and I look down, seeing Dustin still naked. I realize that I am also bare skinned. He looks down at me and pulls my body into him.

"You're gorgeous, did you know that?" He whispers beside my ear. I roll my eyes and push him away from me. I walk into the bedroom and grab my underwear and bra from the floor, shrugging it on.

"I could take you more seriously if you had some clothes on." I sarcastically state. He groans and moves to the side of the bed, pulling on some boxers and not caring about anything else.

"Nova, chill out. Come here," He sits on the bed and spreads his legs, inviting me to sit between them. "Sit down and let me explain."

Shrugging my shoulders, I walk over to the bed and sit in between his almost bare legs. I lean back, resting my head on his shoulders and looking up so he knows I'm ready for him to explain everything.

"A few months ago, I did a commercial with Bella. The fans, from both my side and her side, felt as if our chemistry was on point. They started to 'ship' us," He places his fingers up and makes sure to use finger quotations.

"After that, our agents believed, publicly, it would be good to continue the rumor of our relationship. They also decided that putting us in a movie together would boost our ratings and get us more money," He sits back on the bed and lays me down with him. I flip over and lay on my stomach so I can visually see his face.

"You have nothing to worry about with Bella, okay? She's nothing to me. She used to be but..." I cut him off.

"Used to?" I have a question.

"I figured you had already remembered. Back in high school, remember I told you about the girl that slept with the entire football team because she thought I was cheating on her?" His words spark a memory in my brain. We talked on the pier the morning after we got together and he had taken me to eat breakfast. He had asked me a question, and I got too nervous to respond so he answered his own question.

"So the girl you are now making a romance movie with is the same one that broke your heart?"

"Well, Nova, you're the one that broke my heart completely, but yes. Bella and I are making a movie together now." I frown and close my eyes. His hands slide across my face and he plays with a strand of my hair.

"I should take you back to work." He whispers, sitting up with me. Looking up at him, I frown.

"No, just call Kevin to pick me up. You have business to take care of." He pauses for a few minutes, contemplating my idea.