The Beginning

My name is Maya St.Clare. I go to Lockwood High. In dear Lockwood we have basic rules. The positives are popular kids. Like jocks, fashion geeks, and drama dweebs. They are all the positives and the queen of all of them is Stacy Gold. She is the top positive and her BFF's or maids the Jen and Gwen twins. Then there are the negatives. The nerds, geeks, loners, and druggies.

Then there's me, Maya. I'm a magnet, meaning I'm both a negative and a positive. I'm the nerdy fashionista that everyone knows and loves. I'm Stacy's side chick. She talks to me about every thing besides her being a bitch. Sometimes she's cool.

It was the first day of school I am the welcoming committee I have to show new kids around. It was like any other day I wrote Stacy's welcome back to school speech and the twins got her a coffee and a muffin with 26 blueberries.

"Welcome back to school every one I Stacy Gold am proud to have another Lockwood school year this school has provided so much clubs fun classes with awesome teachers it will be great for freshmen this year and I am senior I have to start worrying about college I am proud to be Lockwood's 25th graduates."

Yep I wrote that. Then I had to go to locker 247 to meet Ryder Linn, the new guy who just came from San Francisco.

"Hi, I'm Maya. Welcome to Lockwood High." I said with confidence.

The minute he closed his locker I felt like an angel just looked at me with his green eyes, and fit body. I couldn't stop staring at him.

"Umm... Hi?"

"Oh! Sorry." I say awkwardly, starting to turn pink.

"Let's take you to the cafeteria, Ryder."

Then I took him to the lunch room where Stacy is going to choose who is a positive or a negative.

"Positive, negative, positive, positive, totally a negative!" She said like a queen.

As Mr. Perfect and I were walking into the lunchroom, he rolls his awesome green eyes he says

"Why is she saying positive and negative?" he said.

"Well the popular kids are called positives and the less popular kids are called negatives. It's weird, I know, but that's how the social circles are around here."

"What are you?" he chuckled.

That's the funny story. I'm a magnet, a positive and a negative."

When we walked up to Stacy, she looked at Ryder, her eyes sparkling at him.

"Hi!" She says seductively, as she shows off her boobs to my man or my imaginary man.

"Sup."

He walked passed her but then accidentally bumped into her.

Holy shit.

The coffee slipped out of her hands and spilled on her favorite Aeropostale shirt.

"What the hell, you dweeb?!"

"Woah, you don't have to be rude." Ryder rolled his eyes.

"You know what, I don't like you anymore. You're a negative."

"I don't like sluts any way." He chuckled.

Stacy walked away angrily as I stood there. My jaw dropped. I began to walk away, along with her.

"Wait" Ryder called from behind me.

"Yeah?"

He handed me a piece of paper.

"Call me."