part: 36

song: put your head on my shoulder - paul anka

3rd pov

y/n trudged out of the elevator and flopped onto the couch. he grabbed the remote and turned on the tv, which was automatically set to the news channel. the news anchor was reporting what had happened to him, and a very flattering freeze frame of him falling backwards was plastered on the screen.

he groaned and turned the tv off, saving himself from further embarrassment. a door slammed open from down the hall and loki turned the corner quickly, setting his eyes on y/n.

"are you all right? i watched you get shot in the head on live television," loki said.

y/n lifted his hand to his forehead and felt the giant welt on it. "it's not the worst i've been through. it was humiliating beyond belief, though."

loki hummed and sat beside y/n and patted his thighs as he turned to smile at him.

"well, i think you handed it spectacularly," loki praised.

y/n laughed. "i think i scared them."

"precisely," loki replied.

y/n playfully shoved loki and chuckled.

"i'm glad you're bulletproof," loki said, kissing y/n's shoulder before leaning down on it.

"i'd be extremely dead right now if i wasn't," y/n said.

loki gently took y/n's hand in his. "i'm glad you're not dead either. you're all i've got left."

y/n furrowed his eyebrows and turned to loki.

"what about thor?" he asked.

loki laughed bitterly. "thor does not care about me the way you or frigga ever did."

"are you really that blind?" y/n said, shocked. "how can you be so perceptive of everyone but yourself?"

loki looked to the floor. "you sound like frigga when you say that."

"that's because we're both right. thor loves you, loki. you just refuse to see it."

"you weren't there when i found out i was a monster. you weren't there to see how i was always treated," loki argued.

"i'm positive that you're just remembering things differently, loki. thor would ne--"

loki put his hands on y/n's forehead and they were both instantly transported into loki's memories.

~

y/n looked around at the sudden change in scenery. he admired the architecture of the room; large pillars reached high into the ceilings, strange markings running along them. in between each pillar laid a relic from one of the nine realms.

a young loki stormed into the room, ignoring all of the relics but one of them. the tesseract.

he picked up and stared down at it, his hands slowly turning blue. y/n turned as odin stepped into the room.

"stop!" odin shouted.

loki stayed put, the tesseract still in his hands.

"am i cursed?" he asked without turning around.

"no," odin said, staring at loki's back.

loki slammed the tesseract down. "what am i?"

"you're my son," odin said gently.

loki slowly turned around. his once pale skin was now turned blue, his eyes swirling with deep crimson pigments.

"what more than that?" he asked quietly, stepping away from the tesseract and closer to odin. his skin began returning to that of his asgardian form.