Chapter 4 - Reonix Kingdom

One hour has passed, and they are still walking. Violet's legs already wanted to give up. 'Don't they have a car here?'

"Zeif, can we just use our powers so that we can get to the castle immediately? I'm so hungry now," Furrie whined as he rubbed his stomach.

'I agree with him' Violet thought, glancing at Furrie.

Zeif shook his head. "No, Furrie. It's too dangerous. I've received a report that the assassins from the rival kingdom have increased their enérxia recently. They can detect our location if we are going to use our powers, especially since we are here in the middle of a forest," he explained.

'W-what? Ener...enérxia?' Violet's sweat dropped, feeling confused.

"And there's a chance they would know that we have a human with us," Zeif added, still looking to the front.

Furrie crossed his arms. "Alright," he said, feeling defeated.

His comrade hurriedly went beside him and said, "Don't worry, Furrie, with this human over there-" he points at Violet, who is currently glaring at them because of the mention of the word 'human' again. "We will surely have a lot of food later, and also women to entertain us," he added, grinning.

Furrie chuckled. "I guess you are right, Ahvin," he mumbles.

The girl looked away, 'His name is Ahvin' she thought, 'Their names are strange, seriously'

"Maybe I can get two women later," Ahvin grinned, which made Violet roll her eyes.

"Assholes," she said loud enough for the others to hear.

In an instant, the four assassins stared at her once again. Zeif, on the other hand, is secretly listening. They are curious about the word she just blurted out.

'These guys really want to stare at me, huh? Oh, I know I'm pretty' she thought, trying to think some positive thoughts because she knew she just said something that wasn't good to hear.

"A hole?" Ahvin asked in confusion.

"What is the meaning of that word?" Furrie asked, "I don't see-" he looked around, then stared at her once again. "-any holes here"

Violet glanced at them, "N-nothing" she replied.

Furrie and Ahvin gave each other a glance. Meanwhile, Garrett gritted his teeth. "Are you making fun of us?" he grunted.

Violet mentally cursed, "Listen, that word that I just said was nothing. It's not a command or spell as if it will summon something, okay?" she shook her head irritatedly.

'I don't have any powers to do that anyway; well, if only I had one.'

"If she doesn't want to tell us the real meaning of that word, then it's fine. We don't have enough knowledge about their world after all," Neiz simply stated, already tired of Garrett's loud voice.

"And Garrett, please lower your voice; it's unpleasing," he added as he massaged his temple.

Garrett scoffed, "Whatever" he mumbled.

Furrie chuckled, receiving a glare from his fuming comrade. "You just got lectured again; you have to relax sometimes."

His closest friend, Ahvin, nodded in agreement. This action made Garrett grit his teeth and then look away, knowing that he would be in more trouble if he still chose not to remain silent.

Ahvin and Furrie are childhood friends, and they've been together for a long time. Neiz is the most intelligent among the five. Garrett is the most proficient assassin in terms of close combat. Zeif is their leader, where he is constantly in charge of making plans. The four of them are obligated to obey his orders as he has a higher rank than the rest.