Chapter 5 - The Prince

Violet decided to keep quiet and keep her gaze fixed on the ground. She started to accept the fact that she would meet her own death very soon. Making some noise, making some movements, and even the thought of begging them to let her go would definitely go in vain, as she could tell that they wouldn't give her a chance to talk or even listen to her.

She gave a glance at her surroundings and found themselves walking in the middle of a big hallway where there were torches on both sides that served as lights. The walls are made with bricks, while the ground is made of smooth stone. There are no windows to be found, and she thought that maybe this hallway led to a room where they were going to experiment on her. This thought made her shiver again.

"Zeif," the man who is in front of the assassins, broke the silence. He motions for Zeif to walk beside him without turning his head.

"Yes, your highness?" Zeif quickly followed his signal.

"That human is really brave, don't you think?"

"Uhm-"

"She's the third one who yelled at my father."

The remaining assassins, who are trailing from behind, stare at the quiet girl, whose face displays discomfort.

"Look at her face," Garrett whispered, trying not to laugh.

Neiz sighed. "Maybe it is because Zeif's outfit is hurting her stomach, just like what she said to us earlier, the reason why she doesn't want to be carried in that way," he replied in a low voice.

Ahvin shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I also don't want to be carried on someone's shoulder," he mumbled.

"Shut it; she deserves that," Garrett snorted.

Their little conversation quickly ended when the man in front of them stopped walking and forced them to stop as well.

"But," he started, his voice clearly showing irritation. He turned around and went closer to the human that was placed over Zeif's shoulder. The assassins, except for Zeif, who was still looking to the front, couldn't do anything but stand there and watch as the man went closer to Violet, whose head was hanging down.

"I still don't like how she yelled at him," he grumbled.

Violet saw someone's feet on the ground, making her look up.

Before anything else, she studies his appearance carefully. He is wearing an outfit whose design is much different from the normal ones, as it looks fascinating and luxurious at the same time. His full clothing only contains two colors: black as the base color and gold for the linings. He has black shoulder plates that connect to a long black cape that lies on his back and reaches above his feet. The cape has a gold border line with a gold dragon symbol in the middle.

The upper arms are protected by black leather clothing, while the lower arms are covered with black metal that has some gold lining symbols on each of them. His chest is covered by a black metal plate that has a gold ribcage-like symbol, and underneath of it is thin black leather clothing that reaches above his knees. His waist has a gold belt that tightens the leather, showing his small waist. It also connects to the scabbard that was placed on his left side.

His legs wear rough and thin black leather, and his knees are covered by rounded black metal that has a gold border line. The lower legs are protected by thick black leather greaves, which have rows upon rows of small leather pieces, mimicking dragon scales. Lastly, he wears simple yet elegant black leather shoes to complete his overall outfit.

After she studied his outfit, she finally stared at the man's face. He has short black hair that looks soft to touch; his sea rover-blue eyes show intimidation; he has bushy eyebrows that are currently knitted together, which shows angriness; and Violet also noticed that his height is taller than the others.