13

They just talked until night fell, occasionally a kid would come out and question the visitors a bit and ask him for things as well. "So, you live with a few other people?" Mai asked Tanjiro curiously. He nodded. "Oh yeah. Zenitsu, Insouke, and Nezuko" He said with a smile. "Zenitsu...he's a little strange. Same with Insouke to be honest. One of them's obsessed with girls and the other has extreme anger issues" He said, rubbing the back of his head. Mai blinked. "Why is he obsessed with girls?" Tanjiro shrugged. "Well, he always says that he's gonna die young so he has to find a nice girl to marry him so he won't die alone. I mean, he's a demon slayer. Of course he could die. But I never say that outright or he'd panic more" Hmm... Killua was bored. This conversation was pointless and his hands were itching for something to do. Killua leapt at Tanjiro and knocked him over. "W-Woah!" Killua growled a little. "Bored!" The panic drained from his face and he laughed. Gon giggled as well. "You could've just said tha-"

"MMH" He was suddenly slammed into from behind, he hadn't expected the blow so he actually hit the wall. Demon! It had to be, nobody else could get the best of him like that. Killua turned with a snarl, eyes narrowing on the demon. She wore a pink kimono and had long black hair as well as pink eyes, she also had a thing over her mouth to keep her from speaking. How dare she! Killua leapt at her and easily restrained her, now that he was aware she couldn't do anything. Two tails restrained her arms while the other and a hand held her legs down. "KILLUA STOP!" He paused just as he was about to sink his fangs into her neck. The demon writhed, growling and trying her hardest to slash him with her claws or kick him hard enough. His ears twitched to signal that he heard the voices. Tanjiro and Gon had called out at the same time. "Intruder" He hissed. The female demon snarled and tried to headbutt him, she may have succeeded but it didn't actually hurt. "Killua, that's Nezuko!" Tanjiro shouted. He froze. "Nezu...ko" He said slowly. She stopped struggling and looked into his eyes with intense anger. "MMHM" Nezuko. Tanjiro's sister.

Killua sat down heavily on her legs and slid his claws back in, Nezuko looked kind of confused but was still trying to attack him. Tanjiro ran over and grabbed her hand. "Nezuko! Stop attacking him. He's a good demon" She paused, looking at him with mistrust. I mean...you get shifts by eating people. I've been through a few. He removed himself from her and sat down next to Gon, still eyeing her down. Nezuko kept an eye on him too as she sat down next to Tanjiro. Mai looked back and forth. "I thought they'd get along better" She muttered. Tanjiro rubbed the back of his head. "Well that probably looked like he was about to sink his fangs into my neck, which is not what happened." He added the last part while patting Nezuko's head. She blinked, then her hostility seemed to fade as she looked over at him. Nezuko...good demon. Gon ruffled his hair and he leaned into it a little with curling tails. "Killua probably thought she was trying to attack us as well, a few demons have stumbled upon the cave before" Mai said. Nezuko looked from all three humans then back to Killua again. "Mh?"

"You know, both of you guys are pretty similar" Tanjiro said. Both he and Nezuko tilted their head slightly while looking at him. Gon giggled. "Big brother?" He looked over to see that Nikoto was standing nervously at the entrance of the sleeping cave, looking out with a worried expression. "Nikoto" He said, then patted the fur carpet next to him. He walked over and Killua pulled him into his lap, then nuzzled his head a little. Nezuko's eyes shone a bit, and she reached out a hand. "mh!" He blinked. She wants to...touch him? He didn't quite trust her yet. "Big brother, who's that?" Nikoto said nervously, pointing to Nezuko. He hummed for a moment. "Nezuko. Tanjiro sister" Nezuko crawled over with a wide eyed expression and tried to touch Nikoto. He hissed, folding his arms protectively around him and glaring her down. She paused with a confused expression. "Don't...trust. Not yet" He said. Nezuko let out a sad noise. "You can test it now right?" Gon pointed out. Nezuko tilted her head a little. "Oh...Ok" He shifted a little and reached out a hand, then let a single claw slide out as he gently pricked her hand. Nezuko looked confused, but not worried. Well, not until he put the blood to his mouth. "Mh!"