14

Killua subsided, Haru's eyes widened slightly and the black haired woman pointed a trembling finger at Killua. "T-That thing is a monster" Killua's ears flattened. I-... Gon stiffened, then shot her a glare. "No he's not!" Gon stroked his head, reassuring him. "You're not a monster Killua don't listen to them." He blinked, then reached up and licked his face. The four were dead silent for a moment. Gon yawned again, leaning on his back a little with an elbow. "Why are you here in the middle of the night? Go to sleep" The bleeding male gritted his teeth. "That thing's responsible for the disappearances all over! Are you telling me it's your pet?" Gon growled. "he's not an it!" He snapped, then ruffled Killua's fur a little. "And I don't own him, we're friends." Killua growled a little and licked at his shoulder. Gon noticed and put a finger on the dart, then gently pulled it out. "Did you try to poison him or something?" Gon muttered. The black haired female shook a little. "It was a tranq strong enough to fell an elephant and he just stood there" Maybe because I'm a demon.

Gon giggled, then ran his fingers all along his back and shoulders. Killua leaned into it, loving this feeling. "He's immune to that kind of stuff!" The four looked downright horrified, then Gon yawned again and walked over to the group. Killua growled a little but Gon waved a hand. "I'll be fine! Be quiet, you might wake the kids up" Haru froze, eyes going over to where Gon came from. Killua sat and watched with narrowed eyes. Gon peered down at the man's leg and arm wound with a sigh. "You should've just kicked them out, or killed them. Why spend so much time?" He saw a shiver go down each of the other human's spines. Gon had just suggested murder like it was normal, like it was an option. He flicked his ears and Gon shot him a glare. "You have a bad habit of being brutal." Killua padded over and the brown haired male scrambled away in a panic. "Big brother? Gon? Where'd you go?"

All eyes snapped over to the entrance of the sleeping cave where Vish stood, rubbing his eyes. Killua broke off and ran over, then blocked the scene with his body. "What the hell?" The orange haired woman muttered. "I said don't wake up the kids idiot!" Gon snapped. Killua rumbled, then picked Vish up by the back of his shirt in his teeth and brought him back to the cave. He saw a few more of them awake and spoke in a low tone. "Sleep" They yawned and Mika snuggled with Vish. "Okie" Mai glanced outside and he nuzzled her hand. "Intruders." her eyes widened a little. "Are they gone?" he growled. "Almost" he padded back out and to his irritation, Gon had patched the wounds of the injured people. Killua growled and butted his head into Gon's leg. He shot a sharp look down at him. "There not bad people! I'm patching them up so they'll be on their way" Killua huffed and walked over to Haru, then nudged him towards the door. He bolted. Killua repeated the action with the uninjured woman and she stumbled back a little. "Hey!" Gon sighed. "That's him saying 'get the fuck out of my cave' by the way. I'd suggest you follow in your blonde friend's footsteps"

She walked out after, then Killua started dragging the male because he couldn't walk. "g-get off me!" Killua let out a low growl, then kept going. "Killua stop it!" He spat out the sleeve he was dragging and then nudged the other woman hard. She had only been clawed in her sides and arms, she could still walk. Gon helped the male to his feet and they slowly made their way out, Haru was waiting for them. "I-I have a question" Killua blinked, then narrowed his eyes slightly. Gon shrugged. "Whatever just be quick, I'm tired" He glanced over at the cave nervously. "Why do you have kids in there?" Gon blinked. "Oh, there his. Well, they aren't related but Killua here decided to illegally adopt. Aint that right Killua?" His tail wagged and he licked Gon's hand. Haru frowned slightly. "it's almost like he can...understand you" He said slowly. Gon chuckled. "Oh he can. He's very smart." Haru's eyes went wide. "How is that possible?" Gon looked at him and he looked back. No. Killua walked over to a tree and put his paws on the trunk, snapped off a branch with his teeth, then came back down and handed it to Gon. He smiled. "Kindle, perfect. c'mon Killua let's go back to sleep"

792 words

To be continued...

Sorry this is short, but I've had this smol half chapter for a while and thought I'd just post it. -3- If I ever get motivation to continue I will.