☽PROLOGUE☾

☽⧗☾

It was a really difficult task to hide in plain sight when you look like the enemy. My parents were Shu, but I grew up my entire life in Ravka as a rogue. I knew what I was. I knew what I meant to others and I knew the weight I'd carry if I were to expose myself.

In a world where a small portion of the population was gifted, blessed with magical abilities. I, who had one of the most powerful gifts of all, chose to hide within the ranks of the first army, in order to survive a world where war was an everyday occurrence and only the cunning could survive Its aftermath.

Fortunately here nobody thought of my kind as a saint. In times past maybe there was another one like me, but written in story books and legends the sun summoner was the only one they would look for.

But apparently not for long. For how do saints become saints, and how do legends make history.

I mostly lived out in the woods, every night climbing on trees to find some place to rest before as the sun rose I was already moving on to the next. Until one day I came across a camp of Druskelle warriors harboring others like me to stand trial. A trial of unfair and dangerous standards. Their people thought of us as witches, monsters who killed their people and seduced them with our gifts for nefarious purposes when in reality they were just afraid of anything that was different. The unknown scared them, opinions who weren't their own frightened them to their bones.

In their eyes everyone else who wasn't like them was the enemy. They tortured everyone of my kind, sometimes taking to rape and murder for the crime of just existing.

They were complete savages.

So I destroyed them. I killed each and everyone of them with a slice of my sword. Then with the bodies all scattered across the grassy floor, I freed the prisoners and left shortly after. Never sticking around for long after every kill, they were powerful enough to escape and if they were recaptured it was not my problem.