35- The L word

Wtf how did this get 10k reads. It feels like yesterday that I was celebrating 5k. Thank you so much everyone who's reading!  <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Another thing good about today is that we're having fish pie for dinner which is one of my favourite dishes! I can smell it and it's making me so hungry. Just thought you should know.

George woke up to Dream coming his hand through his hair. They were still in the car with a blanket draped loosely over them, light shining through the windows. George shifted his aching body, making Dream stop his movements briefly. "Morning, Georgie."

"Morning." He smiled up at his boyfriend. Dream smiled back before kissing his forehead. Then George directed his hand back to his hair. Dream was confused for a second but eventually got the hint and resumed fiddling with his hair.

"Are you ready to head back? The others are probably wondering where we are."

George pushed his face into Dream's chest and groaned. "Too tired." He replied in a muffled voice. Dream squirmed at the tickly vibrations it made on his chest.

"It's 8:45am, we've been out all night. And look, cars are starting to drive past."

George's head shot up at this and his eyes widened. Looking out of the window, there were indeed a few cars driving past. Dream smirked, knowing he got his way from George's reaction. They both started getting dressed in yesterday's clothes, which was a challenge considering the restricted space they had to move around in.

Dream got changed first, helping George put his (Dream's) hoodie on. Then he got out of the car, followed by George who's legs immediately gave way and he clung onto Dream's arm for more support,

"Easy there." Dream laughed, earning a scowl in response. He helped the brunette into the passenger seat of the car and then climbed in himself. He had to get out his phone to use directions as neither of them had any idea where they were.

Eventually they arrived home and thankfully their roommates were still asleep. Hopefully they haven't noticed our absence, they both thought.

The living room was free, which was rare so they decided to watch a movie while they waited for everyone to wake up.

"Harry Potter?" George suggested.

"We've watched that so many times! Don't you get sick of it?"

George gasped as if it was the most ridiculous thing he could ever say. "I could never get sick of it! How could you offend me like that?" He put his hand to his forehead and pretended to faint, making Dream laugh.

"Fine. But we're only watching one."

They sat down to watch the first movie for what seemed like the billionth time. Of course one movie turned into two, and two turned into three, and before long it was past midday. 

George was snuggled up into Dream's side with his head resting on his chest, Dream's arm draped around his shoulders. 

"This is my favourite part." George said while staring intensely at the TV.

"You say that every five minutes."

They both laughed when they realised how true that was. Then George looked up to face Dream and pecked him on the lips.

"Ew. Get a room." Sapnap said as he walked into the room causing George to blush.

"Finally! You're awake." Dream smiled.

"Why did you all sleep in so late?" George asked.

"Uh- Busy night?"

Dream and George gave each other a knowing look before giggling and turning their attention back to the TV.

--------------Time skip--------------

Everyone had just finished eating dinner and Dream decided he wanted a monster so he walked out to the store. George, being the clingy boyfriend he is, decided to tag along, even though the didn't really feel like getting anything.

They found the tropical red bull, Dream's favourite, and were about to pay when Dream had an idea.

"Hey George, do you wanna play a game?"

"I'm listening."

"I pick out snacks for you, and you pick them out for me. See if we can guess what the other person wants."

George grinned from ear to ear. "Yes! We played this like, the second time we ever met!"

"This time don't get me pickles." Dream laughed which made George laugh.

"You have to admit it was funny."

"Fine. It was a tiny bit funny but now we have a random pickle jar in our pantry that we're never gonna eat."

George burst out laughing, unaware of the weird looks he was receiving from the other shoppers.

They set off, looking for snacks to surprise each other with. After five minutes they were both outside with a bag in their hands.

They walked to the nearby park and sat in the basket swing. "Show me what you got for me first." 

Dream obliged and pulled a pack of skittles from the bag. "I love skittles!"

"I know, that's why I got them for you." Dream laughed.

Then he pulled out another bag full of gummy bears. Finally he got to his last two items: two lolly pops. They were green apple and blue raspberry flavour.

"Yay. Blue raspberry is my favourite flavour." George smiled and took the contents of the bag. "My turn!"

He poured all of the items onto their laps, revealing jelly beans, Reece's butter cups, bubble gum and a jar of Nutella. 

"You know me so well."

They laughed and talked while eating their candy. It wasn't too long before they were full, it being not long since they ate dinner. So the two of them put the candy away and just sat together, swinging in silence.

"George?"

"Yes, Dream."

"Can I tell you something?"

They looked at each other, locking eyes. "Always."

"I love you."

George froze. He wanted to say something but couldn't make himself talk. Flashbacks began making their way into his mind.

"George?"

"I just remembered, I have to go back home and... do something." George said frantically. He quickly got up and left the park, leaving Dream speechless.

What the fuck just happened.

~962 words~

I bet that's not what you expected from the title!

I wrote that beginning AN a few days ago, then I had to have dinner, the fish pie I told you about (which was delicious) but I got distracted after that and didn't write the rest until today. The point is that now I have 12.8k reads so thank you so much!!!!!!

Any predictions for why George acted like that at the end?

-🅴🆂🅼🅴