Happy Birthday

'Eyes up, Guardian.'

These were the first words we hear as our character is awakened on an abandoned highway in the ruins of Old Russia. Rusted vehicles littering the demolished road as unfamiliar roars could be heard in the distance.

The only company with us is a small autonomous robot calling itself Ghost. We are told to follow it. Lost, confused and without any memory of before, we oblige and head into a nearby building.

This is where we would meet out first group of enemies, The Fallen. Aquire our first weapon and our first ship.

Making our first steps in the Tower looking over the Last City of Humanity. Meeting fellow Guardians and our respective Vanguard mentors such as Zavala, the Titan Vanguard, Ikora Rey, the Warlock Vanguard and Cayde-6, the Hunter Vanguard. We would test our might against fellow Guardians in the Crucible, watched over by Lord Shaxx.

These first steps would take us on a journey through the system of Sol, meeting new threats such as the Hive, Cabal and the Vex. This would lead to the inevitable destruction of the Heart of Darkness within the Black Garden.

We would then prove our might by entering the Vault of Glass, and prove that a Guardian can make their own fate by breaking the unbreakable.

Not only did Atheon, Time's Conflux fall to our onslaught, but so did those who were considered as God's within their race, such as Crota, Devourer of Light and the Son of Oryx. Skolas, the self appointed Kell of Kells, whom we executed within the Prison of Elders. The greatest threat then entering our system, Oryx, The Taken King would come for vengeance and he too fell before us. And lastly, the Fallen with Golden Age technology called SIVA to enhance themselves. Even the Wrath of Machines couldn't stop us.

We would lead the way through the Darkness and to a new Golden Age and an Age of Triumph. And one year later, we would answer the call again.

A Cabal Fleet called the Red Legion, commanded by Dominus Ghaul would attack the Last City and went straight for The Traveler, trapping it and contained the Light within. Depleted of our powers, we would escape the Last City with our now mortal lives and trek through the wilderness for weeks.

Once we finally found civilians again, we would also find our salvation. A shard of The Traveler, granting us our immortality and new abilities to fight back against the Red Legion. Ghaul would be defeated and The Traveler awakened. We would answer the call of the Cabal Emporer, Calus and partake in his trials to grow fat from strength. Enter the Vex's Infinite Forest to stop a Vex Mind, Panoptes from finding a way to destroy both the Light and Darkness. And we would kill Xol, Will of Thousands, an ancient Hive Worm God.

We would witness the death of a dear friend, and seek vengeance for it.

Returning to the moon and face off against old enemies and nightmares. And find Salvation.

And most recently, go beyond the Light and wield Stasis, our first grasp on what the Darkness yields.

Seven years have passed since Destiny was first released back in 2014. Seven years we've been on this journey. Seven years of ups and downs. Yet still we remain. An odyssey that I myself have partaken in, and I'm sure a small number of you have as well. I have met some amazing friends and still play with them to this day because of Destiny.

The memories made are ones that I will treasure dearly, as well as the ones made with fellow Guardians as we made our way through Nightfall Strikes and Raids.

Even now, our clan and friend group continues to grow as we were able to get one of our friends through his first ever Raid completion.

(The one right in the middle is me)

Yep, this clusterfuck of idiots were able to get the New Light (all the way on the left) to his first Raid.

We were all New Lights at one point, but now, we are nearing the end of Beyond Light, and heading towards our most challenging adversary yet, Savathun, The Witch Queen.

https://youtu.be/P0IlFZ61734

(Link to trailer, watch it if you would like)

Happy Seven Years Destiny, and happy 30th Bungie. Thank you for making an amazing game.

Eyes up, Guardians. Per aspera ad astra. I'll see you starside.