True Emotions

I'll be referring to Kyrie as MK from now on. (You know, because her real name is Maria Katherine Slay.) Just informing you so you won't be confused.

And, uh, here's the link to OP's holoform's...face: mmmmmr.deviantart.com/art/Optimus-Prime-Human-68453384

________

"This can't be."

________

I immediately sat up once I awoke. I looked around and saw that I was in some kind of cabin, and it seemed that it was on a moving vehicle, because the place kept shaking. I lifted my shirt a bit so I could see my wound.

Nothing there but dry blood.

So maybe I did just visit my real mom up there. And Lucas.

I went over to the driver's seat, and saw that no one was there. Instantly, I knew where I was, and that I was also safe.

"Hey." I said.

The truck stopped completely. Good thing no one was behind us.

"Kyrie?"

"Hey." I repeated.

"You're...alive?"

"Yeah." And then to lighten the mood: "Looks like scrap went down back there, didn't it?"

"Yes...but...how?" Optimus asked. "They saw you...die."

"Well yeah, I mean, I guess I did die for a few seconds. But I'm alive now."

"...are you sure?"

I laughed. "What, you think I'm a ghost or something?"

"Erm...no."

I laughed harder. I felt giddy for some reason - probably because I saw my mom. My real mom. "I'm alive," I said. "And I'd like to let Tes and Cade know."

"Right."

He turned around and drove back, all the while informing me what happen when I was gone.

So the government baddies are now hunting us down, Luc died, Shane came to the rescue, we're taking refuge at some old abandoned gas station next to a road that's barely used by other people, and we'll be staying there for a couple more days until we hit the road again. I'd been gone for about a few hours, apparently.

We stopped right beside the gas station. It was small, and it looked like it was going to collapse at any minute. At least it was somewhere to stay the night.

Just as I was about to get out, Optimus said, "I missed you."

I giggled. "I wasn't even dead for a day. How could you miss me?"

"It felt much longer."

I smiled and got out of the truck. I think that meant he really cared, and he actually missed me. The thought made me a bit happy.

"I will go see if any agents followed us."

"Don't take too long!" I said as he drove off.

I headed toward the gas station. Through the window, I could see Tessa and Cade sitting in there. They were arguing, it seemed, which included another guy I've never seen before. He must be Shane.

I knocked on the door. So I just came back from the dead. I still got to have manners, don't I?

"Fuck off." I heard Cade say. Rude.

"No," I said. "You're suppose to say 'who's there' and then I'm suppose to say - "

The door opened and revealed Tessa, her eyes wide with surprise. I remember when I last saw them: wide and scared, tears flowing down.