A Transformer In The Barn

"You are my golden parachute, so you are damn well jumping off the plane with me!"

__

"Come on, come on," Dad muttered, crouching beside the newest invention we made, adjusting it. 

After I had gotten over the fact that I talked to the truck--that was right there, Primus damnit--I went back to the barn, where me and Dad started working on a new invention that painted stuff for you. It was still under construction, like everything else in the building.

"Yes!" Dad cheered. "Yes! Yes! Well there you go--Now hold it! Stop shaking! Why are you shaking?! You have the job!"

"You guys forgot to eat dinner!" Tessa said, walking into the barn. She put the tray of food on top of something. "You see why I worry?"

"Sorry sweetie, I--I almost got it working right."

I looked at Tessa and noticed she was dressed in not house clothes.

"So listen," She said. "I'm done with homework and set with finals, so I'm just gonna take a drive with my friends, if that's okay with you. No boys--I know. Graduate first."

Dad stood up. "Exactly."

"You do know no one else has this rule, right?"

"Rule? Don't make it sound harsh--it's wisdom. And I don't think we need to be driving around in the middle of the night. It's almost eight--It's already dark. Spot will you stop it?"

I just went over and sat on the stool in front of the truck and whispered, "Family." 

"You know where I was in my graduation?" Dad asked.

"Yes, with me and Ky, the mistakes."

The truck rumbled on it's own, and Tessa and Dad looked at me. "Don't worry!" I said. "I just touched something! Nothing bad!" 

Dad continued their conversation. "No, the surprises, Tes. And besides, Ky was born a year after you. And that was one of the greatest things that happened."

After that, I just stopped listening, since I didn't want to be reminded of mom. I looked over to the truck and whispered, "Did you have to do that?" Even though I was relieved that I might have proof that it was a Transformer.

"Tessa wait!" Dad said, following her outside. "Tessa!"

Once they were gone, I said, "Well, it's just you and me now. Again."

As the other two humans went out, the human femme said, "Well, it's just you and me now. Again."

Seems so, He wanted to say. 

"Tonight, I think, we--me and my dad--I think we might work on you tonight. Just to see what happened to you. And if you had some spare parts, which dad might sell, if--if it's okay with you. You see, we're broke. Not much money to keep our lives going, unfortunately."

Why?

"Because," She continued, as if she had heard him. "My dad likes to buy stuff. Stuff to make inventions, some new things. He thinks that if he can make one that'll work perfectly, and he can sell it, then it might give us enough money--and maybe even start a company, which would help us even more. But that hasn't happened yet. So he keeps getting stuff. Although, you are the largest one he's bought so far--not in that way, if that's what your thinking."

I wasn't--

And when the machine caught on fire, it signaled the end of their conversation.

I looked back at the machine just as dad came in and extinguished it. "Unbelievable." He said. "Unbelievable--God!"

 "It's kind of believable." I joked. 

"Something in here needs to make this family some money."

As he stood in front of the truck, hands on his hips, he muttered, "Come on you old wreck. Just one day." He turned to me. "You ready?"

I nodded, standing up and putting the stool back to it's original place. 

When we started working, we noticed odd stuff. Which definitely means something.

"My God," Dad said. "Ky, have you seen anything like this?"

"Like what?" I asked, going over to him.

"This," He gestured to the hole in the truck. "Why would this be here?"

"Could've been in World War Two or something."

"That can't be, Kyrie. These models weren't out by then, I think."

"The only think that could make a hole as big as that would be a missile."

"But wouldn't that blow up the truck?"

I knocked a bit on the truck, and was a bit surprised. I know the sounds of metal--iron, steel, whatever--and this wasn't any of them.

"This isn't regular metal."

"Are you sure?"

I looked him right in the eyes. I'm pretty sure I looked dead serious, because he flinched a bit.

"I am."

. .

We had worked all night on this thing, and we didn't even notice it was morning already when we heard Tessa's voice.

"Comin'!"

Dad got up from under the truck and went directly towards the barn door. He opened it and let the others in. I hope their not going to freak out or anything, which is probably going to happen, since finding a Transformer doesn't really happen on a daily basis.

"Look!" He said. "Look at the hole in the radiator! Look at the size of it! Something blew a hole in it!"

"Yeah, so?" Lucas asked.

"It's not normal steel, as confirmed by Kyrie. And the shrapnel in the engine? We ripped all the connections apart, and watch this--this took some Yeager genius. You are going to love this!"

He went over to the battery. "And when I hook it up to a working battery?" 

And then he did.

The (WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND--JK XD) truck suddenly turned on, and a recorded message started playing. I stood in front of the truck. 

"Calling all--" It said. "Calling all Autobots!"

For some reason, it felt relieving to hear the word "Autobot" not just in my head.

"Oh yeah," Dad said. "I don't think it's a truck at all."

I smiled and continued what he was saying. It felt better coming out of my mouth than in my head, like it has the whole night. 

"I think we just found a Transformer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annnnnnnnd there you go! I know it's short, but I had to rush. The quotes at the start of the chapter as nothing to do with it, but just because I like them.

Thank you for liking my story, you're awesome, and baiii