Can I Sleep Here?

Michael

We say our goodbyes and go back home. It's now so late. It's time to go to bed.

"Good night, honey.", I say and hug Pearl.

"Good night, Applehead.", she says and hugs me back.

I kiss her head and go to my bedroom. I wear my green pajamas and tuck myself in my bed. I get a book out of my nightstand and keep reading. Suddenly the bedroom door knocks. I open it and see Pearl in a white floral pajama shirt and white floral pajama pants.

"Can I sleep here please?", she asks.

"Sure.", I say smiling.

She gets in and looks at me blankly.

"Baby, are you okay?", I ask.

"Yeah.", she says.

I carry her and put her in the bed. I tuck her in and sit next to her. She lays in between of my legs and rests her head on my chest. I stroke through her hair.

"Baby.", I break the silence.

"Mhmm.", she hums.

"I know I'm probably the worst father in the world to exist but please talk to me. I wanna be your best friend.", I say and caress her cheek.

"I'm just pissed because of what Stella says.", she says and sighs. "And you're not the worst father."

I hold her tightly and play with her hair. She starts to tear up.

"I'll go to the bathroom.", she says and gets up.

"Don't cry in the bathroom.", I say and hold her wrist.

"I really never cry in front of anybody. Not even my parents.", she says.

"I'm not making you cry in the bathroom.", I say sternly.

"Why in the world?", she asks blankly.

"Because!", I say sternly.

"I really don't need an argument!", she yells.

She takes her anger atomizer out of her pocket and breathes in it.

"Sorry.", she says and sighs.

"It's alright.", I say and hug her.

She hugs me back and cries. I hold her tightly against my chest and rub her back gently. I kiss her head multiple times.

"Don't you wanna sleep?", I ask.

She nods. I get some tissues and dry her eyes. I put her on the bed and kiss her forehead. I sit on the other side and cover her making sure she's warm. I also cover myself. She gets closer to me and rests her head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her.

"Goodnight.", she says.

"Goodnight, my angel.", I say and kiss her head.

She falls asleep and I also feel sleepy. I fall asleep with her in my arms.