Chapter One~ Escaping

'Maggy' POV

PAX. I was actually excited to go. Even if I had to go with my aunt and uncle.

I could meet my favorite YouTubers, and my all time favorite, Jacksepticeye.

And I could escape.

But that's for later.

I walked over to Jacksepticeye's table, where he was just finishing up. I was the last one here.

I glanced behind me, to see uncle with his back to me, talking to a woman in yellow. My aunt was back at the hotel.

I plastered on a fake smile, but being careful to show it was fake.

Jack- or Sean- looked up and smiled at me. My fake smile turned into a legitimate one.

I glanced behind me again, to see my uncle still talking to that woman.

I looked at the piece of paper that could save my life. I handed it to Jack. He reads it, and his smile fades. He looks up at me wide-eyed.

I roll up my sleeve, revealing the bandages and bruises covering my arm. Jack's eyes widened even more. "Please," I whisper, my 'brown' eyes pleading.

Jack nodded and said, "Let's go." I glanced back at my uncle, who was still occupied before following Jack outside.

Maybe I shouldn't follow a stranger, but you would if you lived in my shoes. I have to get away.

We get into the car, and Jack pulls out of the parkinglot. Thank gosh for rental cars.

"Thank you," I say weakly, breathing quicky.

Those two words hurt.

I was thrown into a coughing fit, and Jack looked at me worriedly. I held up a hand, trying to say that I say okay.

"You okay? What happened?" Jack asked after I finished. I smile apologetically. "Sorry. Hiding an accent hurts sometimes. They made me hide everything about me..." I mutter, "You know what..."

I clear my throat. "Forget that," I say. "You're Irish!" Jack says excitedly. I smile and nod. "I was born and raised in Ireland, but my parents died, and my aunt and uncle kidnapped me and brought me to America. My aunt dresses me and does my makeup to make me look like I'm 18, but I'm really 23, going on 24, I say.

Jack nods, and I tell him about me. About my past.

"You see... I was forced to hide everything. They abused me, physically and verbally. I thought I was ready to end it all, and I would watch one of your videos, wanting my last thought to be a happy one. But seeing you so happy, so funny... I just... Couldn't do it. I would cut my arm, wanting to take away the pain. But I stopped. I haven't done it in two months," I say sadly.

Jack looks at me, surprised. "My- my videos stopped you?" He asks. I nod. "You've saved my life more times than I can count. And I thank you for that," I tell him.

"How did you get to PAX?" He asks.

"My uncle won tickets over the radio. I don't know why he decided to go, but he took us. And I thought maybe if I couldn't escape, then I could atleast meet you and tell you all you've done for me," I say.

Jack looks touched, sad, and angry all at the same time. So I just look out the window, watching the trees.

"You're staying at my hotel. Don't bother protesting. I'm not letting you stay out here with them looking for you," Jack says. I give him a thankful smile. "Thank you Jack. For everything," I say. He smiles.

"Call me Sean."