𝟎𝟐

11:02AM
TUESDAY

   taeyeob's eyes open and are flashed with the late morning sunlight that pours through the curtains, he can feel his head spinning. he looks around to see his new room, scattered with boxes. he stretches out to grab the phone to see the time, surprised at the time he's woken up. 

   he tries to get a quick peek on instagram, only to be shown posts from last night of his old friends bowling. he groans, only to be accompanied by a loud stomach gurgle.

   he takes a quick shower, puts on a sweater and some jeans, rake a comb through his hair and grabs his wallet and phone. rushing to get to put on his favourite sneakers, he suddenly remembers the weird guy last night trying to harass him. 

   eurgh, what a creep. but anyhow, he grabs the keys from the hanger and lock in the door. 

   "morning, taeyeob." a loud voice booms behind him, which taeyeob was not expecting. he jumps out of his skin but to turn around and see sungho. 

   "oh god, i'm sorry. i didn't— i—," sungho stutters and taeyeob waves a hand , dismissing his surprise. 

   "good morning, sungho." taeyeob tries on a smile, and sungho smiles back, satisfied that he's not angry. 

   "getting breakfast?" sungho chirps and just then, taeyeob's stomach rumbles again. this time , just as loud than before. sungho laughs but taeyeob is so embarrassed , he just wants to dig a hole and bury himself alive. 

   "don't worry, there's a diner nearby here. i'm sure you saw it last night," sungho wipes a tear off his eye .

   "yeah, looks super cute. very vintage," taeyeob says, still unable to forget his stomach's loud appetite. 

11:27AM

   so yes, sungho accompanies taeyeob as a friendly town guide. which if you thought about it, wasn't this also stranger danger? this guy knows that creepy harasser, what if they were working together? but taeyeob wasn't thinking about anything as they head to the diner , opening the door with a comforting bell. 

   "good morning and welcome!" voices greet, and sungho heads to the counter. the seats at the front are crowded with the girls and the gays, all joking with someone working at the counter. the crowd spots sungho and they burst with comforting welcomes. 

   "hey, everybody." sungho grins his friendly grin and a man pulls his collar towards him .
   "where have you been , sungie'?" he coos flirtatiously and sungho laughs nervously.

   nobody pays attention to taeyeob and he feels like a dork, he looks down.

   "alright, alright. that's enough , junhyung." the voice takes a second or two for taeyeob to register and he looks up to see. 

   him. 

   well , this is great. the man turns to face taeyeob and eyes quickly furrow into an annoyed expression. "taeyeob, you've met kyubin before. i thought that a proper introduction would be great," sungho says seriously with the most serious face. "you first, hyung." sungho glances at kyubin, who frowns , clearly irritated. 

   "hello, mr.can't-take-a-joke." he scoffs and taeyeob's nervous attitude quickly drops. now , they're both annoyed with eachother. the girl surrounding them cackles , "he's the guy?" 

   "hyung!" sungho scrunches his eyebrows in anger at kyubin and gives taeyeob a reassuring look.

   "that wasn't a joke, you weirdo!" taeyeob barks, folding his arms and kyubin rolls his eyes so far back sungho smacks him. 

   "aha, let's just eat some pancakes!" the man who grabbed sungho's collar says nervously, clapping his hands in fake excitement. taeyeob looks away and sungho ushers him to his seat. 

   the gaggle of girls decide to leave, all of them kissing kyubin on the cheek or on the lips. this made taeyeob more displeased. this dude was a weirdo and a player! looking at kyubin's back as he prepares a milkshake made taeyeob even more cross. his good-looks were wasted on such bad attitude. 

   "i'm sorry i didn't tell you he worked here, i thought greeting each other a second time would work." sungho scratches the back of his head , apologising. sungho was too innocent to stay mad at for too long, and seemed like taeyeob's only friend for now until college starts.

   "it's okay, really. it's just him who's being a jerk," taeyeob says.
   "i can hear you!" kyubin grumbles loudly, powdering the pancakes.
   "what are you gonna do? put glass in my food?" taeyeob spits back, making kyubin grumble more.

   "please stop fighting..." sungho winces. the two men share a slice of silent understanding. they didn't want to make sungho upset. or ever. they're finally served their pancakes, with extra whipped cream and berries on sungho's. he digs in, while taeyeob shoots fiery daggers at kyubin.

   "i didn't poison it," kyubin mutters and swoops in their milkshakes along. taeyeob glances a final scowl at kyubin before taking a cautious bite. his face lights up with such delight, he quickly softens and savours every bite. it was more than perfect, the pancake wasn't too sweet and just the right amount of orange zest in it. it was fruity and was so, unbelievably chewy and god, so soft.

   he takes a sip of the milkshake, taeyeob roll his eyes and sungho actually thinks taeyeob's fainting. "are you okay? what did kyubin do to your food?!" sungho panics. taeyeob slurps his milkshake aggresively till' it finishes. "it's nothing, it's just very—" taeyeob rummages through his vocabulary for a word. 

   though, kyubin looks smug that his enemy loves his pancakes. "it's very so-so." taeyeob smirks evilly at kyubin, who 'tsk's , and folds his arms. "i will make you pay up double," kyubin grits his teeth. "i will leave this establishment free," taeyeob growls. "i hope both sides of your pillow are hot," kyubin humphs. "i hope you fall off your bed in your sleep," taeyeob leans in, pointing a finger at kyubin. 

   sungho can only whimper as the two men hurl insults at eachother.