blue

"Jungkookie?"

The young boy groaned, stretching, and almost kicking his mother in the face. 

"Wake up, honey." His mother gently tapped his cheeks, causing him to lean onto her palm.

She smiled, and ruffled the boy's hair, telling him to wake up once again, to which he replied with "5 more minutes please."

His mother agreed, not before warning him of what she would do if he wasn't up by then. He sleepily brushed her off, and just turned to the side and slept more.

However, he leaped out of bed, upon hearing footsteps. Someone poked their head in, and Jungkook chucked his pillow at them after finding out that it was his brother.

"Damn, chill bro." His brother said, massaging his nose.

"Fuck off Joon." Jungkook grumbled, and walked into the washroom, only to walk back out, to get his morning supplies. 

He rolled his eyes at his brother seated at the edge of the bed though.

"Why are you still here?" He asked. "Ah, mum told me to stay here until you're done, cause she didn't want you falling asleep in the washroom again."

"Jeez, okay. Now where the fuck where is my toothbrush?" He murmured to himself, before letting out an 'Ah hah' once he found it. 

He walked into the bathroom, and squeezed his toothpaste onto his blue toothbrush, and hummed some random song, while he brushed his teeth.

He washed his face, and walked out, catching the towel thrown at him. He mumbled a 'thanks' to his brother, who just hummed, and left the room, telling him to be there in 10 minutes.

He slowly made his way down the stairs, letting out a sign in relief when he noticed his father wasn't there. 

"He left for work."

Jungkook jumped at the voice behind him, and hit Namjoon on the shoulder.

"Why are you everywhere, oh my god," he exclaimed, a hand over his chest.

"Exactly what I used to say when you were in your wee years." His brother casually walked away, sitting down at the dining table.

Jungkook scoffed, and was about to sit down, but got distracted by the new arrangements. 

He was shocked, at how everything was already in place. The living room had a Sony Trinitron television, that was placed on little table. There was a white tablecloth under it, and a pair of glasses lay next to the television. 

His eyes trailed to the blue ray player and stereo, causing him to grin. He really loved movies.

He then walked over to the bookshelf, tracing his fingers across the wooden surface. He remembered when he used to steal his father's 'forbidden' books, and jump onto the sofa, and fall asleep in the first few minutes of starting the book. 

But that was when he was young. He couldn't be so carefree now.

He shook his head, and continued admiring the books. The mini library, had an assortment of different books; ranging from literature, to poetry, to thrillers. His father was quite an avid reader. 

Jungkook liked reading too, but not as much as his father. Or brother for that matter. Another reason, they had a better relationship. 

It was quite dark when they had arrived yesterday, so he hadn't been able to check out the first floor properly. 

Now that it was bright (like his mood somehow), he ambled towards the hallway. 

It contained three closets and had a climb way area to the roof and stairway from the entrance. It also connected to the kitchen and dining room.