37

ASHLEY'S POV

 "Mom! Dad! I'm going out with the group. See you guys later, love you." I wave at them and open the door, Dylan is waiting or me in his car, I open the door and jump in "Hey babe" I peck him on the lips.

"Hey Chippie, miss me?"

"Nope I didn't, I was disappointed Sophie couldn't pick me. Now I have to put up with your useless banter and hearing that useless name" I say barely stopping myself from grinning, of course we both know it's a lie and I've missed him terribly.

"Your words hurt a lot Chippie" he put his hand on his chest and mocks hurt while smiling at me "I, on the other hand, have missed you so much I can't even explain"

"I missed you too"

"Yeah I knew that. Who wouldn't miss this hotnesst" he says and I roar in laughter.

It's been a week since I agreed to be his girlfriend and I had that argument with my parents, in between shopping for prom dresses with Sophie and spending time with my parents, It's been difficult finding time with Dylan. Sophie found her dress some days ago, managed to make me buy one. Since prom's tomorrow, we decided to hangout today and chill since we will all be busy tomorrow. Which reminds me none of our friends know about Dylan and I.

"Hey Dylan"

"Yeah?" he glances at me 

"Should we tell them about us today?"

"Yeah sure, why not? I'm taking you to prom tomorrow and I really don't want to pretend we are going as just friends"

"Me neither" I sigh "I just hope they take the news well"

"Of course they will take it well and if they don't that's their problem, I don't care."

"Yeah that's not really reassuring" 

"Who said it was meant to be reassuring" he grins at me and continue driving.

20 minutes later

I'm sitting opposite Dylan and we've all ordered. Dylan is sulking because he didn't get to sit beside me and I'm trying to hold in my laughter. When we got here everyone was already seated and we didn't have much of a choice.

"Hey Ash" I look up at Caleb "yeah?"

"I heard from Soph that you decided to go to prom?"

"Yeah thanks to her, she practically dragged me through all the shops with dresses and we tried more than half of each shop on before she found whatever she was looking for" I roll my eyes and everybody on the table starts laughing.

"When you see us tomorrow you won't be laughing, you'll be trying hard to close your mouth instead. We are going to look absolutely fabulous, I tell you and you ungrateful wench will be thanking me when you have head turned your way tomorrow" Soph fires back and everybody quiet down trying really hard to hold in their laughter. Our food are brought to the table and everyone starts eating.

I barely stopped a groan as I taste the food, God I'm so hungry and it tastes so delicious. I'm just halfway through my food when someone kicks my leg "Ow" I look up and Dylan is grinning at me, he picks his phone types on it and a minute later my phone pings. I raise my brows at me, he is really texting me while we are on the same table, I pick up my phone and click on his message.

Dy: You haven't changed since I last saw you eat uhn? Still eating like the food will run away.

Me: Leave me alone Cunt.

Dy: Ohhh did you just cuss at me? You are in trouble young lady, I guess I'm rubbing off on you.

Me: Let me eat my food in peace, please.

Dy: Go on little monster.

Me: I hate you.

Dy: I love you too.

I drop my phone with a smile tugging at my face that's when i notice the whole table staring at Dylan and I. Shit.

"Uhm, care to tell us what's going on" asks Caleb

"Nothing"

"Nothing? What do you mean nothing. You guys were definitely texting each other and Dylan looking at you, definitely friends don't look at friends that way, that's the way Caleb looks at Sophie when he thinks nobody is looking" exclaims Cole. 

Now everyone's looking at Cole, I swear this guy goes beyond normal stupidity at times. I look at Sophie and while she's red in the face she still looks at me for an explanation.

"Why is everyone looking at me, I mean we all saw them didn't we? I mean if....." he didn't complete his statement because he got whacked on the head by Aaron.

"You don't know when to shut up do you?" Aaron says 

"Since when has this been going on?" Ty speaks up at last, looking at me and just like that everyone's attention is back at me.

"Well I've liked him for quite sometime now..." I start

"Yeah Yeah we know that part already move on" Soph butts in

"I asked her to be mine last week and she said yes. Are you satisfied now?" Dylan interrupts, glaring at everyone as if asking if anyone had a problem with that.

"Woah man take it easy, we just wanna know" Cole says and then faces his food

"Well I don't have a problem with it as long as Ash is happy...." Caleb starts

"She's happy" Dylan cuts him short 

"Stop being an asshole" snorts Soph "I don't think I can like you ever but I'm happy for Ash" She faces me and I plaster on a smile "You are totally giving me details later"

I look at Tyler because he's yet to speak "Are you sure it's what you want?" he asks me

"What the hell man, what do you think? I forced her to say yes or something?" Dylan says really pissed

Tyler snorts "I wouldn't put it past you" he says glaring at Dylan and the both of them start a stare down

"I'm way past this shit, if you both don't stop this idiocy, I'm going to squirt ketchup in your eyes" Soph says glaring at the two of them "Stupid boys"

"Ty you heard her say she likes him right, be happy for her, don't be an idiot" Caleb chimes

"I don't understand our I'm friends with you guys. I expect stupidity from Cole not you Dylan" Aaron says and claps his on the head.

"Hey!!! I'm not that stupid besides Tyler has a girlfriend why is heh angry that Dylan has one now" Everyone groans "What is it? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking"

"Well he has a point. I'm not angry, I just want to make sure he knows that he can't hurt her"

"Oh he knows he can't hurt her cause he's going to have to deal with me" Soph interrupts and the tension abates

"Thanks guys." I felt really dumb just sitting there not saying anything "I'm happy, like really happy and I appreciate your concerns really"

"Don't get soft on me, remember we are bad bitches" Soph says and I laugh

"Says the girl that turns mushy the moment Caleb looks at her" Dylan scoffs and everybody laughs and just like that the argument is forgotten and we spend the rest of the afternoon talking about college and other stuffs.

_____________________________________________

Okrrrrrrrrrr. I know I said this was the last chapter but I can't help it but we getting to the end tho.