~• Chapter 1 •~

Just before I start,

This story was partly inspired by the song Swing Lynn made by Harmless/Twin Cabins

The cover art was made by me!

⬇️Here is the full image ⬇️

⚠️!Please do not repost!⚠️

I personally haven't read any stories like this so far, but I apologise if this is similar to another persons story.

And with that, enjoy the story :D

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

// Shadows POV //

I was at yet another one of rouges parties. She always finds an excuse to make everyone hang out at her house for a night. This time it's because we are celebrating one of fox boys new inventions. Pretty standard. At least it isn't for another one of fakers victories. Although, he deserves to be rewarded sometimes. I don't know what I'm thinking about.

Everyone is downstairs in the living room playing truth or dare while I'm in the kitchen listening to their fun. I stare into the cup of coffee in my hands until I hear someone walk towards me.

"Hey shadow, we're having a lot of fun you know. Knuckie just admitted he would rather listen to asmr than listen to amy rant about big blue. Haha! Now their both having a little play fight~"

I turn around to see rouge grinning.

"Shouldn't you be with the others? You are the host after all" I said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Yeah, but I felt like we were leaving you out. It is pretty wild out there. Why don't you join us? Just for once... pleaseeeeee~?"

I stared at her, as she tried to look as sad as possible. I sigh.

"Fine"

It's not like I'm doing anything else. To be honest, I don't want to stay alone with my thoughts right now. I keep thinking about him. He is just... something else.

Rouge jumped up in excitement and dragged me into the living room where everyone else was. I sat down next to rouge and crossed my arms.

"Oh shadow is here. Sweet!" Tails said.

I looked around, studying everyone.

Amy was sitting next to blaze and silver, and knuckles was drinking lemonade with tails. (At least we aren't giving the kid alcohol). Scourge was hanging out with the Babylon rogues and Mephiles and infinite were in the corner of the room, chatting. I forgot we made peace with them. I still don't trust them, but they are pretty interesting to talk to. Just like him...

Ugh. Now is not the time. Speaking of him, where is he? I thought he would be with knuckles and tails but he's no where to be seen. Weird. It seems like he does this every time. Maybe I can ask his friends about it later.

"Sweetie, are you okay? You seem pretty deep in thought" I heard rouge ask.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine" I say.

"Well just try to relax. Anyways, we're starting to get back on track with the game now. Try to pay attention okay?"

I nod in response.

"So Amy, truth or dare?" Blaze asks, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Hmmm. I chose dare last time, so truth!"

The purple cat thought for a second, then turned back to the pink hedgehog.

"If you were to get over sonic, who would you chase after?" She asked.

"Well... I'm not as obsessed with him as I used to be, but I don't really know! I mean, all our friends are cool and all, but none of them are really like sonic. I guess we will have to see what happens" Amy said, grinning.

"I doubt that will ever happen" knuckles said and tails gave him a playful punch.

"I'm sure it will happen eventually" tails laughed.

"Well, it's my turn to pick someone now! Hey rouge, truth or dare?" Amy asked.

"Ah finally. You should really pick me more often. Anywho, I choose dare" rouge responded.

"I dare you to post something untrue about yourself online"

"Is that the best you can do? Hah! I'll just make this a bit more difficult for myself for you" rouge said pulling out her phone and typing something up.

I leaned in and read what she was about to post.

~Rouge~
Hey guys, a little while ago, I stole one of the chaos emeralds and lost it, so now our poor little hero's will have to find it again. I'm such a cute clumsy bat. I hope everyone can understand my situation and will be glad to know that I won't be helping them retrieve the emerald. Have a wonderful day my beauties 💕😚

"Andddd... done! Since everyone knows practically everything about me, I decided to make up a little story"

"Rouge, why would you want to be seen as clumsy? It's not a good thing" I asked.

"Yeah yeah, well any mobian would know that mobians are into weird clumsy forgetful girls" rouge said, looking at everyone else.

Some nodded, while others looked confused.

Weird.

"Shadow! You haven't had a turn yet, so. Truth or dare?!" Rouge said excitedly.

I don't want to play this pathetic game, but it's too late to go back now.

"Do I really have to?" I groaned.

"Yes, you agreed to play so this is what is happening"

"Dare then"

My friend grinned at me. Ugh, what is it gonna be?

"I dare you to dance with anyone you choose later, and it can't be me. Don't worry, we won't watch you"

Really? That's annoying. It wouldn't be that bad if I was actually proper friends with someone else here.

"Okay, that's easy. Especially for the ultimate life form" I said.

Suddenly I heard a ding.

"Ooo! The food is ready!! You guys chill out for now. We can carry this on later" Rouge said, walking to the kitchen.

Great. The only one who really understands me is gone. Hmm... fox boy is free, so I'll ask him about sonics whereabouts since I can't keep my mind off of him for any longer.

"Hey fox, do you know where faker is?"

"Oh uh, I have no idea actually! He always manages to slip away at these parties. It's pretty strange. He comes back home later in the night when we're asleep too. I'm curious as to know where he goes but he never answers me when I ask" tails answers.

Not that helpful. One thing though, it is very strange how disappears so suddenly. Maybe I could try to find him. Let's just call it a mini mission for tonight.

"Thank you" I say.

"No problem shadow!" Tails says, running off to his other friends.

I hear music playing in the background. Probably rouge actually starting up the party. They better not be doing karaoke soon. They practically blew my ears out the last time.

I'm better off searching the house to see where he could be hiding, which was not going to be easy. Rouges house is practically a maze.