~• Chapter 4 •~

Dance? It's weird, but I like it.

I nodded, and we both stood up, my hands still in his. I completely forgot about the temperature until a cold breeze came by. I shivered, and shadow pulled me towards him, making me feel a lot warmer.

We both moved together, taking slow steps at a time before speeding up. I stared into is beautiful enchanting ruby red eyes as we kept dancing together. I couldn't stop looking at them.

He spun me around and held me again holding onto my waist. I put my hands on his shoulders and moved with him across the roof.

We both laughed from time to time. We weren't the best dancers, but we weren't the worst. What was more important was that we were having fun. Me and shadow. Spending some time together. I like it.

We let go of eachother and I spun around, not wanting to stop moving.

My arms were up in the air, and I was starting to get a bit dizzy. Shadow laughed as he watched me spin. Hearing him be happy is all I need to feel joy. I can't stop smiling now. I don't ever want to end this feeling.

I'm so lucky to be here, cheerful and free. It's like all my worries have disappeared. My cheeks feel stiff because of my dried tears, but that's okay. I'm feeling great.

I stop spinning, and I almost fall over from looking at the ground spinning, but shadow was here to hold me up.

"Having fun?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah, I feel so good!" I say, as we sit back down.

"Glad to hear that."

I watched as he lay down, looking up into the night sky.

He looks so handsome in the moonlight. I blush at the thought and copy him, laying down, and studying the stars.

"It's beautiful out here, don't you think so?" Shadow asked, wrapping an arm around me.

"Yeah... it's so pretty. Who knew something as simple as the sky could be so pleasing cri the eye!" I say, leaning more towards shadow.

"You just got to appreciate the small things in life. This is one of them. The fact that we're here together witnessing this is already a gift"

I can feel shadows warmth radiating from his body. I put my hands up in the air, moving them around.

"Hey shadow?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you uh... not hate me?" I ask.

"Of course not! How could I hate you? I can't even say I dislike you. You're so perfect you know that sonic? You're a gift from heaven" shadow said, pulling me closer to him.

I gladly hug him, with a red face that I tried to hide with my free hand.

Shadow laughed and sat up, looking down at me.

"Sonic... I really like spending time with you. I've never really felt this good being around another mobian"

"Me too shads. I wish we could be here together forever... it's a shame all of this is going to end soon" I say, sighing and looking back at the moon.

"Well... it doesn't have to end entirely"

I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.

"We can always do this again. We can do it as many times as you'd like. I love seeing you happy. I love hearing that you want to be around me. I guess what I'm trying to say is uh... I like you sonic. I like you a lot. And I don't want us to keep pretending to be anything else but partners" shadow said nervously.

He looked away and scratched the back of his head.

That was so sweet of him.

I grinned and took his hands like he took mine when I was crying earlier.

"Me too shads. I want to be with you for as long as you are around. The amount of joy you have made me feel tonight is unreal. I want to experience that every day with you" I say, and shadow smiled, taking a sigh of relief.

He picked me up and kissed me, and I kissed back. Never did I know how much I really liked shadow.

I guess it was just meant to be.

"Thank you sonic"

"No, thank you for being such a perfect partner"

"We both know you're the perfect one here hedgehog" 

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yes, and you better believe it, because I'm not going through another dance session tonight to show you yet again"

We both laughed and looked back into the night sky.

Shadow looked at the time, getting ready to leave, and I followed him shortly after.

"We should go back inside now. It wont be long before everyone starts to leave" shadow said.

"Okay, but one last thing!"

I ran up to shadow and kissed his cheek, before running to the ladder.

Shadow stood their, frozen, blushing, while a hand hovered over the spot I had just kissed.

"Well are you coming?" I called.

"Y-yeah. Sorry" shadow said before walking to the ladder.

"I'll never forget this night shads"

"Me either sonic"

We both walked back inside, hand in hand. After this night, I can't imagine being sad ever again.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

The end

I hope you enjoyed this short story!

Sorry if there are any errors in any parts. I'm not the best at writing at night "^^

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great day/night!!