towed

"i never tell you when stella's coming. it's for her own protection"

"Hey, um... your nose is bleeding."

"Shit," I cursed, reaching for a napkin from the dispenser on his table, only to find it empty. 

"Here," Logan offered, taking a handkerchief from his jacket. Only someone as rich as him would carry a hanky in a leather jacket. 

"Thank you," I said gratefully, my voice full of embarrassment as I took the navy blue cloth and held it to my nose. "I am so sorry," I blurted out of pure embarrassment. 

"Hey, things happen, don't sweat it," The blonde shrugged. 

I held the cloth to my nose and excused myself before going to the back. 

"Stella, honey, what happened?" Joan had followed me in after seeing me practically fly into the employee room on my skates.

"Nothing, just a nose bleed. Didn't wanna contaminate the food is all," I answered, sitting down at a small table in the equally small room. 

"Oh, alright. You know what — why don't you clock out early? I'm sure you have a things to do," Joan said with a kind smile, the wrinkles in the corner of her eyes creasing. 

"But I still have ten minutes left?"

"I won't say anything if you won't," Joan smirked. "I'll scan your card, now get out of here," 

"Thank you, Joan," I sighed, standing up, but a wave of dizziness washed over me as I struggled to stand on my skates, sending me to sit right back down in the cheap red plastic chair.  

"Honey, you alright?" Joan asked worriedly.

"Fine. Sorry, I just got really dizzy all of a sudden. Must've gotten up too quick," I brushed it off, getting up slower this time. I pulled the navy handkerchief away from my nose for a second to check if my nose had stopped bleeding. As I held two fingers to my cupid's bow, my eyes fell to the cloth in my other hand, splotches of the dark colour made even darker with my blood.

I skated over to where my bag was, too lazy to take off my skates, before heading out to the restaurant so I could leave. I passed Logan on my way out. 

"You okay?" He asked, wiping off his mouth and putting his napkin on the clean plate. Wow, he eats fast. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about your hanky, I'll wash it and give it back next time I see you," I promised. 

"Ah, don't worry about it. I've got a million of those," He waved it off, genuinely not caring. 

"Oh, okay, thanks." I replied. "I've gotta go, I'll see you around, Logan," And I rolled outside, skating slowly because I was still feeling a little dizzy to my car which was parked on the curb across the street, only to find my car with a bright yellow wheel clamp on my back left tire. "You're fucking kidding me." I said out loud, purely out of frustration. 

I heard a beeping noise from behind my car and saw a tow truck in reverse with the driver, a tubby, old bald man, sticking his head out the window. "This your car?" He asked, his voice squeaky and with a New York like accent.

"Yes. There must be some kind of mistake, I park here every day," I reasoned. 

"Why you dressed like a maid on skates?" He asked, chewing his gum obnoxiously. 

"I- I work in the diner just over there. Sir, there must be a mistake, I've been parking here every day and there's never been an issue," As if I wasn't already having a shitty day, this was just the icing on the cake.