2 | Things That Go Bump in The Night

Melone would've never imagined he'd get hurt so quickly, despite his eager wishes.

Now, he's sitting on the funny little hospital bed in (Y/n)s office, watching with unrestrained interest as they somehow pulled something that mocked a spiders thread from the tip of their finger, and looped it across his gashed skin so that it practically stitched itself up.

"My goodness, you weren't very careful today, were you?" They pouted, tugging on the taut tangles of string that fled from each bare finger like a spindle. "Where else are you hurt? Don't lie to me."

"There's.. another bullet, in my leg." He admitted, however shamefully.

"Oh, Melone," He practically swooned at how his name sounded on their tongue, "my first day on the job, and you went out looking for trouble. What am I going to do with you?"

'Whatever you want.' He found himself tempted to say. 

"Well, it's not like I can complain.. This is what I signed up for!" The nurse was a tad too quick to grab a scalpel, Melone going stiff at the shine of the blade reflecting the light. "Hold still now, and this wont hurt a bit.."

---

They were right. Ignoring the bullet extraction, that barely even hurt at all! If he even so dared, he'd probably guess he could immediately start walking again!

Buuut, that handsome nurse he oh-so adored stopped him from doing such almost immediately, instructing him to stay glued to that bed or get strapped down otherwise so that his leg could heal properly. 

As a stand user, he remembers them saying, he'll heal faster than normal people, but that doesn't mean there still won't be consequences if he tries to sabotage that by not resting properly.

Speaking of such, as it had turned out, (Y/n) happened to have a stand themselves, though it was of no surprise. Melone believed he recalled them telling him it was called Poor Mans Poison, or at least, a variant of that. It acted the same as any spiders webbing, capable of receiving vibrations to tell where something is, and tough enough to probably stop a charging rhino.

Not only that, but it appeared they could always tell where such webbing was, hence why they had seemingly laced everything in their room with it. (The chairs, they traced twice, which was an understandable thing to do after seeing the dark bruises on their shin).

Melone didn't mind having to spend a single night in what was both their office, and room-- and in fact, embraced it. He took every moment he had to talk to them, get to know them more, and with each fleeting second, he found himself falling for them over and over again; Love at first sight not even being a valid phrase for it anymore.

He learned some of their fears, some of their challenges; things they loved, like hugs and sweets, and things they hated, like crowded rooms. He learned their favorite hobbies, like dancing, and discovered some of their fears, like being left alone.

That last one left him feeling a little confused. What did they mean by not wanting to be left lone? Do they want someone constantly talking to them? Do they still like distance? What did it mean? What did it mean?

He wouldn't know, probably until he outright asked, but it seemed like such a personal thing he kept his damned loud mouth shut for once.

Perhaps it had something to do with why Risotto payed him a visit earlier?

"Always tell Doctor (L/n) when you leave, where you're going, and when you'll be back." He had said, too low for the medic themselves to hear. "And whenever you do return, announce it's you."

It was most likely something deep rooted, possibly related to their disability, or something like such. There were similar conditions everyone had to follow for each other, like how no one was to poke fun at each other past and such, no matter how simple or dramatic. There's a reason everyone turned to this way of life.

But, as he layed still in the small bed, listening to the gentle breaths escape from the room tucked off to the side with a small smile ghosting his lips, he still wondered, why are they here? Such a kind and caring person should be doing much greater things than getting themselves involved with the mob, especially when they're blind.

But oh, how they graced him with their presence! He couldn't have asked for such a greater gift after enduring such a life of hardship! Perhaps they're a blessings for him, sent by-

Something in the room falls, and Melone goes stiff. 

His eyes snap shut tight, and although pretending to sleep isn't his strong suit when put on the spot, he knew that (Y/n) may not even know if he's awake or not... But then again, they are quite the strange one, so it's best to assume they can see him somehow rather than not at all.

Light footsteps pace out of their bedroom, and through the main area of their office, passing by Melone quietly as possible before scooting over to the door. It groaned as it was carefully pulled open, and squeaked when shut. Just like that, the nurse was gone, unknowing that Melone knew of their leave.

They seemed worried, panicked even, for when he had peeked his eye open to stare at them for a moment, he caught them briefly turning to look at him, hesitantly reaching a hand out before pulling away and leaving soon there after.

Curious, he sat upright on his end, propping himself onto his elbows and staring at the closed door with a raised eyebrow.

What are they up to...?