Just Training Camp Things

At the end of the first long, long day of camp, Hana found herself in a familiar cafe. She was once again forced to interact with the managers because of Haruno's boundless excitement that she did not want to disappoint. The girls chattered on about different things, as high school girls usually do, and just spent the time enjoying each other's company. It was nice to hang out and take a break from all the testosterone exposure every now and then.

Hana furiously scribbled in multiple notebooks, look quite ragged with exhaustion. She made noncommittal noises when asked her opinion of things as she was preoccupied with the task before her.

"What are you working so hard on, Hana?" Sachiko scooted closer to the girl in order to peer over her shoulder.

"I promised my cousin I would finish a data analysis sheet and send it to him. And I did. But because of that asshat, I'm behind on my work for the team," Hana frowned as a yawn escaped her lips.

Sachiko sweatdropped as she listened to Hana mumble about the "fucking mutt throwing up" and "how gross it was". In order to be a good upperclassman and help her kouhai relax, she blurted out, "Alright! No more talk of work! It's time for serious matters! It's not a girl's night out without talking about love!"

The extroverted second-year manager gulped down her drink like she had seen adults do with alcohol in her tv dramas and slammed the cup down onto the table.

"Love?" Haruno and Hana both tilted their heads at the sudden outburst.

"Yep! So..." Sachiko, along with the two other upperclassmen, looked at the two first-years as a predator would its prey, "do you have anything interesting to tell us?"

Hana put her pen down and allowed her gaze to meet her fellow first-year's. Haruno twiddled her fingers together as a faint blush rose to her cheeks.

"You know..." Takako slyly placed her hands on the short-haired girl who sat next to her's shoulders, "Yui here used to have a crush on Shirasu-kun. She'd blush every time he walked by and during the winter training camp, she would even leave hand warmers near his bag. It was endearing to watch."

The manager in question turned bright red and hid her face in her hands. She whined out a "Takako-senpai", to which the black-haired female only giggled at.

"Really? Are you two dating then, Yui-senpai?" Haruno asked.

The sandy-colored brunette shook her head, "I never confessed and eventually got over him. We didn't even talk that much outside of practice anyways."

Hana hummed and a realization struck her as she thought back to what she witnessed today.

"Haruno."

"Yes?"

"Do you have eyes for the mutt?"

"W-what?!" Haruno coughed, choking on the sip she had been drinking.

The upperclassmen leaned in, very interested in the current conversation. Their eyes flew between the embarrassed girl and Hana, who held an impassive look on her face.

"You're always staring at him with those goo-goo eyes of your's during class, and you kept giving him food whenever he ran out during the break," Hana paused before deciding to tack on, "He also told me you were the one that gave him that tire he uses."

"Fufufu, it's like that now is it, Haruno?" Sachiko elbowed the younger girl on her left side.

"You and Sawamura-kun, huh? I think you'd balance out well." Yui softly spoke up after taking a small sip of milk tea.

"It's not like that! I just think he's really admirable because he works so hard and he never gives up and he knows what he wants and..." she trailed off as she noticed her senpais staring at her with knowing looks while Hana simply raised an eyebrow.