Repeating History

“I didn't agree to go off the resorts' property.” 

June's stare is unwavering and absolutely annoying. 

“I'm sorry, I missed the point of where I give a fuck about what you want.

Your sorry ass is going to get in that driver's seat and drive.”

After spending over half the day at the beach, Iven and Apple came back complaining. About how hungry they were and would kill to have a cool drink. I suggested to Iven that her and Apple can go try out a close by restaurant.

While June and I go over business paperwork. I appreciate her pretending to think about it for a second. I can tell by the way her eyes sparkle she wants to spend more time with her friend.

That gave us a perfect time to go snatch up our target. I thought everything was going smoothly tell it came time to leave the parking lot of the resort.

For the past ten minutes, June has been refusing to get inside the truck. At first, I thought he was joking, then after a minute it stopped being funny. 

 He offers no response, so I try to find the answer in his body language. Stepping closer to him makes him move side step away from me....... All of a sudden, now he wants to avoid giving me his normal defiant stare.

 “Fine.” He mutters while slowly moving to get inside the truck. I follow his lead and get into the passenger side. The only sound that accompanied us to the target's house is the gravel being crushed under the tires.

We pulled off to the side of the house next to our targets. In a quite little neighborhood, no one is out this evening. Quickly grabbing June's shoulder and I hold him tight enough to bruise.

“You have to tell me what's really the problem. We can't fuck this up, so whatever it is tell me now.”

The surrounding tension grew to a suffocating point. I'm starting to doubt bringing him with me in the first place now.

An emotion I have never seen before crosses over his eyes. Suddenly, I'm feeling uncomfortable for a different reason. 

“I prefer not to kidnap any more women......it's not you.......”

His voice gets choked up and tears shine clear in his eye's threatening to spill over the brim.

“I'm not so much different from the rest of the guy's. I was only in this for a mate......”

I hold my hand up motioning for him to stop talking. It's a lot easier to understand his unwillingness now.
How could I blame him?

Isn't that what any lonely person craves in by the end of the day. I expected my brothers to eventually quit after getting what they wanted from me. They didn't care about the profit because our Alpha pays for their expanses.

Something's Alpha couldn't give them that I could, though. Did I ever get a single “Thank You”?

No.

I'm never shown any type of appreciation for practically handing over their biggest wish. I couldn't keep the disappointment out of my tone to my personal disgust.

“It's fine. Just don't fuck this up June and you can have what you want.”

Fighting the urge to slam the door, I quietly sneak around to the targets back door.
--------
  Picking an old lock and creeping down the hallway is not just an old habit of mine. I don't do this often but when needed I go on tracking missions. When my men can't be trusted to get the job done, I do it myself.

The house is basically empty, but I sense motion in a room above our heads.
Not to my surprise we find a beat up stair way leading upstairs.

At the top of the steps I see a bedroom door slightly closed with the light off. I look back at June once nodding before swiftly entering the room.

My last target is named Margaret Lowe, 5'2 with chestnut hair. Brown eye's stare wide up at me from behind her tattered blanket.

My nose catches the undeniable scent of a frightened Omega. I snatch the girl up by her hair and hold up my switch-blade to her throat.

“WHOA THE-

“SHUT THE FUCK UP.” I hiss out at June.

“What are you woman?"

Her doe eyes blink up at me with tears glistening her cheeks. The girl’s voice is barely above a whisper, but I could hear her clearly.

“Omega.”

Rage slammed into me and I spin around and punched June in his stupid face.

“This is the wrong female. Once again you manage to fuck up such an easy task. “ I growl at him.

I try not to let the angry completely erase my moment, though. June hold his gushing nose and mumbles grunts out.

“This was your plan.”

Closing my eye's for a minute I block everything and everyone out. Recentering myself is important, I can't lose focus. Theirs still money to be made here.  June moves quietly with the rope and starts wrapping up her feet.

“She's breedable, I'm sure I can get a good price for her still. Probably from someone desperate for pups.”

I tell him as I finish tieing up her arms. June handles the heavy lifting and throws her over his shoulders.

At the bottom of the stair way, we here a bed softly creek. The scared omega must have heard the noise as well because she suddenly starts to wiggle around.

June drops her and runs behind me as I crash into a room we never noticed before. The anger from early must-have clouded my senses. Sitting on an equally bare room with her tattered up blanket. Is my original target.

The girls must have been related because they shared extremely close facial features.

Before dropping the girls off to some smugglers I know. They will be on a quick flight home, to my underground prison I have in my barn.

Well, It's not really a prison, but it has cells in it. A few rooms for experiments and my office for my more delicate paperwork. I'm not too sure if Iven can read or not but somthings can't be left to chance.

 I didn't say anything when we got back to the resort. No words needed to be discussed between us. I won't make him do any more run. Just as long as Apple keeps being entertaining.