Chapter 12

"wrong scott"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Are you finally gonna tell me why you didn't visit Lucas until he was already awake?" I asked Haley while adjusted myself on the seat at the counter.

Haley sighed until she finally spoke. "We got into a fight before he went to go pick up his mom and we said some things..." I lowered my head a little as a sign for her to keep going. "But that doesn't matter because he's already going home so why don't we move on from that."

"Come on Haley you're going to have to tell me what the fight was about. It literally took Lucas getting out of his coma to get you over there." she gave me a quick look as she wiped the counter of the cafe. "Like come on Nate visited but you didn't." I kept pushing her to tell me what happened and so far it look like it was working. "I'm not gonna stop bothering you until you tell me the reason."

"Fine!" She finally said I defeat as I just gave her a cheeky smile. "We were arguing about relationship problems," she responded.

"Relationship problems?" I question her.

"Yep, now if you don't mind I have to get back to work." She said waving the rag at me as I just looked at her with an unamused expression on my face.

"I don't like you, Haley James!" I yelled loud enough for her to hear me and give me the cheeky smile I gave her earlier.

~~~

I drove back home after going to the store to pick up some stuff since the fridge was basically empty. I carried the bags into the house placing them on the counter before walking outside to lock the car and shutting the door. I put the items in their usual spot before making my way to the second floor of the house. I walked into my room collapsing on my bed, the result of waking up too early and being tired as hell.

I woke up to a ringing coming from my phone beside me. I groaned into the sheets of my bed and laid there for a bit hoping it would go away until I finally caved in and picked up. "Hello?" I answered with a deep annoyed tone.

Mom: Hello to you too grumpy

Me: Mom? I thought you had a big event to go to tonight.

Mom: I do but I just wanted to do a quick check-up on you since your father is only giving me one-word responses on how you're doing.

Me: Mom you ask me that question every time you call and I keep telling you everything is good.

Mom: I know but you're a teenager so I don't know if you that's always the case.

I heard a deep muffled voice from my mom's side of the call who asked her if she was ready as she responded.

Mom: Well I got to get going, honey. Have a good night and love you. Bye.

Me: Love you too mom, bye.

I ended the call and widen my eyes when I noticed how many miss calls I had from Brooke. I texted her asking if she was okay to which she responded with a 'yeah' just a basic response with no information. I furrowed my brows at the message. Before my brain could fully understand everything, I had already texted her back asking if she was home. She texted back with a yes and that was enough for me to make a beeline to her house.

I stopped in front of her home. I got off the car and ran up to her red front door knocking on it until she opened it. Revealing her vulnerable state. Her eyes were red like she's been crying for the day and her face just had the expression of tiredness. "Brooke," I spoke in a soft tone which surprised me at first. Before I could even do anything she wrapped her arms around me as I did the same putting my chin above her head. I let the silence last longer just in case she didn't want to speak about what happened.

"He broke up with me," she mumbled into my jacket. As I furrowed my brows still holding her in my arms. She eventually looked up at me and continued, "Lucas broke up with me because he thinks it's the best thing to do," she let out with a broken tone as I felt a sudden relief but a hint of guilt. "I was ready. I was ready to show him what he means to me." I looked at her seeing her broken-hearted face.

"Come on, take a seat," I said making our way to the couch that was in her living room. We sat down as she still kept her head down. I hate seeing her like this it was gut-wrenching. How could you ever hurt this girl?

"Ugh! I hate being like this," she voiced as she ran her hand through her hair. "I'm sorry," she croaked out which caused me to look at her with a puzzled face. "I feel like you always see me as a mess and I put you in this uncomfortable situation,"

"Brooke you don't need to apologize. You have emotions, I have emotions. We all have emotions especially the ones we hate. If you have to apologize for every time you are upset well then I guess I have to apologize to you too and I don't think you want to be here the whole night," I spoke which caused her to let out a small giggle. "Look if Lucas can't see how amazing you are then it's his loss but you're Brooke Davis. And from what I've seen she always picks herself up." I continued as she looked at me with this look in her eyes that I don't know how to explain. The eye contact made my body stop momentarily and my mind goes blank. Eventually, I got a grasp of what was going on and snapped out of it breaking the eye contact we held as I turned my head. I would've loved to do something at that moment but right now isn't the best time. She just broke up with Lucas and I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of that. "How bout we watch some movies?"

═════ ◈ ═════

I left her house when she fell asleep next to me on the couch so I carried her up to what I believe was her room. It was the next night and I found myself storming to Lucas's as Haley tried to keep up. I finally reached the door to his room and pulled it open. "What the hell Lucas!" Which made him look at Haley wondering what I was talking about. "You broke up with Brooke so you can be with Peyton now," I yelled causing him to look back at Haley.

"You told him?" Lucas questioned his best friend.

"I thought he knew already since he found you guys broke up. I thought he knew the reason why but I guess I was wrong... sorry," she responded back.

"You know how many times that girl has cried over you, saying that you would hurt her seeing how close you were with Peyton and all," I started to go off but Lucas just kept quiet. "But I kept reassuring her that you would never do such a thing, now I wish could bite down my own words"

"I know I hurt her, okay! And I hate that I did. Everything was complicated with Peyton and Brooke was just easier to be with."

"You got with her because it was easier to be with her than Peyton! Are you kidding me?" I scoffed. "Newsflash Lucas relationships are never easy! Are relationships easy Haley?" I asked the girl who just stood there a little before answering with a small nod. "You should've never gotten with her just because Peyton didn't give you an answer within your time window." I turned back to the door before I said my last thing to Lucas. "You know I thought Nathan was supposed to be the bad Scott brother but I was wrong once again, guess you didn't only steal his position on the court." I walked out slamming the door behind me.

I made my way to my car and saw a blonde approaching near the house and I just took a glance at the girl who was coming my way before lowering myself into the car and starting the engine.