Home sweet home

CJ stood in front of you, leaning against the wall, staring you down, eyes sharp.

You sat on the rusted hospital bed, avoiding the daggers that were being thrown your way, fiddling with the bandages on your wounded hand.

"Look at me." CJ said plainly. You reluctantly complied, meeting his gaze, upon seeing your worried expression, he softened his gaze slightly. "I...I know you don't wanna be here." he stated, as if it were some mystery; of course you didn't want to be here. "oh really? what gave it away?" you murmured sarcastically. He huffed at your brattiness and tried ignoring it. "Okay look enough, let's come to an agreement okay?" he bit, catching your attention. "I don't think your in any position to make any deals with me CJ." you stated plainly, avoiding his eyes. "And I don't think your in any position to refuse, i am the one with the gun and keeping you hostage, remember that darling." he purred, it almost sounded seductive.

"This is the best option for you, trust me." he said, a bit more kinder but serious.

"Fine, hit me with your, oh-so-generous, deal." you said. "Look i don't want this to happen, but i know i can't keep you down there forever."
he said again as if it were hidden. Is this guy for real?

You stared at him, eye twitching and fists balling, you were about to deck this prick in the jaw, he spoke so much and about utter nonsense, i mean, who does he think he- "OW!"

Midway, during your internal rant, you had balled your fists so tight that you had applied unnecessary pressure to your wound. "What is wrong with you? Are you just accident prone?" he asked. "Just shut up and continue with the deal." you huffed.

He raised an eyebrow, but soon looked away. He glanced over his shoulder and studied the door, eyebrows knitting in deep thought, contemplating something. He rubbed a hand down his face and looked back at you, conflicted. "You need to listen and listen well.." he began with a too-serious tone for your liking, he took a few steps toward you and lowered his voice. "You aren't here by chance..We didn't take you just because.." he hushed his tone even more.

What?

What the hell did he mean? You weren't here by chance? What the fuck? You hadn't done anything wrong, you just presumed you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, nothing more; This whole scenario had a deeper meaning...

"Then why am i here?" You asked. "i.." CJ looked over his shoulder once more and back at you. "I cant say just yet, give me time and all will explain itself, can you trust me?" he asked.

'Can you trust me?'

Okay this guy was delusional. No, you didn't trust him, at least, you didn't want to. You thought about how everyone here had somewhat helped you here. None of them killed you, helped you get well deserved revenge, bandaged you, protected you, they had-

no..

You were being grateful for the most basic human rights, you shouldn't be grateful for the bare minimum..

"Pleased understand that this isn't our faults or decisions, we barely get a say in their plans anyway, let alone disagreeing with this plan, so please trust me, us..." he hushed. What plans? He gently grabbed your shoulders and came closer to your ear. "I'm sorry, i can't imagine how frustrating all this must be, not knowing what the fuck is going on, believe me when i say i give you every possible detail i can, even ones you don't need to know, we're all trying our hardest." He stated. This was it, his biggest bargaining chip.

You thought about it, weighed everything up. You wanted to know what was going on and you now knew that CJ, Monica and Todd weren't fully to blame, someone else is pulling the strings, so you could slightly trust and sympathise with them.

This seemed like your best option, everything else wouldn't get you any closer to leaving or closure.

"What does it mean to trust you?" You bargained. He now backed away from you, content with the trusting process.

"Okay for 1, no more make-shift shanks, i know your getting antsier by the minute and you will end up committing a murder." he huffed lightly with a bitten-back smile.

He raised two fingers up on his hand.

"No more hurting yourself, you'll be more careful." he told you, instead of asking. That one you could agree with, so you nodded.

He raised a third finger.

"No more defiance, if i ask you to do something, you do it, understood?"

"If it's within reason, then maybe." You said, looking away and smirking.

"I'll take it i guess." he shrugged, agitated.

He raised his fourth finger.

"And finally...you'll help out around here." he stated.

What?

You just stared, shocked and confused, help out?

"And now exactly am I supposed to help out around here? What you want me to be a personal maid?" you asked, he laughed and shook his head. "As much as i'd like to see you dressed as a maid, that's not what i'm asking." he said, still smiling.

"Then what ARE you asking? get to the point." You bit. "I'm asking you to be a member of our little gang." he said. "WHAT?" You shouted.

There was no way you'd join their little posse, they're criminals.

At least that's what you wanted to say..

There was no way you were getting out of here without making some sort of deal, plus, you'd get even more answers to what's going on.

"Fine..." you muttered. CJs eyes widened significantly. "Seriously? That's it?" he asked, unbelievably. You nodded, trying to get out of here.

"Great! Let's get going." he said, clapping his hand and turning on his heels, walking out of the door.

"Wait! Where are we going?!" You asked, trailing behind him, his long strides making it hard to keep up. "Slow down you giant." you muttered, finally being able to keep up with him.

"We're going to meet everyone else." He stated. "Oh okay.." you said lowly.

There was one question that you needed an answer to.

"Hey, CJ?"

"Yeah?"

"Is..Is your name ACTUALLY CJ, or is that just a nickname?.." you snickered

"It's shorter version of my full name, why?" he asked.

"It's a stupid name.." you giggled. He whipped his head round as you continued laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Heyy!! Thank you guys for the support, i'm literally making this up as i go i have no plan, but i hope you all have a wonderful week :DD