Pilot [7]

"Well, I'm really glad you were the one calling the shots," Ray said sarcastically as we all walked back onto the Waverider.

"I had it under control until the Professor started picking fights with the PLO," Leonard argued

"You let your ego endanger our entire mission," Hawkman said as he walked past Dr. Stein.

"No, Mr. Rory's temper got completely out of control..." Dr. Stein argued

"I thought we were friends, Professor," Mick said as Seraphine patted him on the shoulder.

"At least there's one less nuclear bomb on the planet," Hawkgirl noted

Rip clapped as they all came into the room. "Here, here. Now you all deserve hearty congratulations. Not only did you fail to capture Savage, but you also exposed yourselves and your powers to him, giving away the element of surprise for now and all time. Well done, team,"

"We don't need the element of surprise," Hawkman said "We know he's in Norway, so let's find him..."

"Unfortunately, we now have larger problems than Savage. If only you'd have listened to me about the dangers of upsetting the timeline,"

"Then you really shouldn't meet the Angels..." Seraphine muttered

"What are you talking about?" Hawkgirl argued

"While you were busy saving Norway from Nuclear annihilation..." Rip continued

"You're welcome, Norway," Mick growled

"Savage sent one of his cronies back to the site of the arms sale. Does anyone care to guess what he found?"

Ray looked down at his suit "Whoops,"

"I am unversed in modern American colloquialisms." Gideon said as she appeared "Is Whoops slang for Oh..."

"Yes," Rip exclaimed as he glared at Ray "Dr. Palmer seems to have thrown a spanner in the works for the entire timeline,"

"English for those who don't speak techy," Seraphine groaned as she leaned against the wall.

"Armed with Dr. Palmer's future technology, Savage's engineers develop a weapon far more destructive than anything here in 1975,"

Gideon showed a holoimage of a city.

"This is Central City in 2016." Rip explained as they all looked at the image "At least it was. I'm not sure what the neo-fascists who took control of it are calling it these days,"

Seraphine's hands balled up into fists as she looked at the image.

"There must be a way to correct this somehow," Dr. Stein said

"Fortunately, Gideon is just showing us a forecast of the future you've all created," Rip explained "Time is like cement. It takes time to become permanent. In this case, until Savage's team have worked out the mystery of your future technology and molded it to their own ends. And when they do, what you see here is no longer just a forecast. This...This is history,"

***

"So thanks to Raymond leaving a piece of his suit in the past, the rest of us don't have a future to go back to?" Leonard said

Seraphine shrugged "I never had a future...so..."

"Unless we do something to change this course of events, the future will become immutable," Rip explained

"Exactly how much time do we have?" Ray asked

"Until Savage's weapons team reverse-engineer your tech,"

"We're talking 1970s terrorists with 21st-century weapons," Professor Stein claimed "And since we don't know where Savage went..."

"We don't have to find Savage," Ray argued as he stood up "We just have to find the other piece of my suit. Which shrinks because it's made of an alloy which mimics intra-molecular compression of a dwarf star, thus emitting Alpha Particles,"

"So we just need to be able to track them. Fortunately, Alpha Particles are highly trackable,"

"Yet unheard of in the 1970s. It's like we're trapped in the Stone Age,"

"I'll have you know that I was researching Alpha Particles when you were eating crayons,"

"So to track that piece of Raymond's super-suit, we just need to talk to..." Seraphine inputted to get the two to stop arguing.

"Me. 25-year-old me, rather,"

Rip looked up as Carter and Kendra entered the cockpit. "You two are just in time,"

"Show them, Kendra," Carter said

Kendra handed over a paper "Aldus was carrying this when he was killed."

Rip took it from her hand.

"It's a newspaper article about an Egyptian dagger,"

"The one Savage used to kill us," Carter specified

"In Central City, we learned that objects associated with the night of our deaths can also be used to kill Savage,"

"According to Aldus's notes, the dagger needs to be wielded in conjunction with an incantation inscribed on it,"

"What does this incantation say?" Seraphine asked

"I don't know. I can't read the language," Kendra admitted

"It's okay." Carter told her "I'll help you remember,"

"Splendid. Now, as for the dagger..." Rip said

"You need someone to steal it," Ray said

"Okay, fine." Leonard said as he took the paper from Rip "Whatever. I'll do it Article says it was purchased by some rich Russian douchebag named Sasha Mahnovski," Leonard turned around his gaze on Seraphine "Coming?"

"Well stealing ancient mystical objects is my specialty," Seraphine smirked as she sashayed after him.