Blood Ties [4]

"Maybe you didn't understand me." Leonard shouted at Gideon, "I asked for the new timeline, Gideon,"

"This is the new timeline," Gideon replied. "Two days from now, your father will be arrested trying to sell the Maximilian Emerald to an undercover police officer,"

"Stupid son of a bitch," Leonard muttered.

"He'll be sentenced to five years in Iron Heights. Despite your intervention, his future remains unchanged,"

"You tried to save him," Seraphine said as she walked up to the criminal. "That's got to count for something,"

"Turns out it doesn't,"

"Come on," Sara told the duo.

"Where are we going now?" Seraphine groaned.

"To say goodbye,"

Seraphine straightened up. "I didn't mean how that sounded,"

"I know,"

***

The team all stood outside beneath a giant tree.

"The other day, I tried to find some words of inspiration," Rip said. "Words that would restore hope to us in the wake of our losses, but it is all of you who have inspired me. Beginning with Professor Boardman and then with Carter, their heroism is...an inspiration to us all. And a reminder that one person acting alone can't save the world,"

Seraphine walked up to the two graves of Professor Boardman and Carter and placed a hand on the tombstones. "May g blans etharzi [May you have peace]" she stood back up and moved next to Leonard and Mick.

Kendra took Seraphine's place and put a set of flowers on each grave. "Come back to me," she whispered. Kendra stood back up and looked over at Ray and Professor Stein "Thank you. Both of you,"

"We're sorry for your loss, Kendra," Ray said.

"I believe Anna would be proud. As am I," Professor Stein congratulated Ray.

***

"Gideon, ready us for take-off," Rip said as he ran into the main deck.

"Whoa, are we being chased or something?" Jackson questioned.

"No, but I imagine that right about now, the museum has realized that their prized emerald is missing,"

Seraphine rolled her eyes as she took her spot sitting between the two criminals.

"You want me to say I'm sorry?" Snart asked.

"Sorry, I don't do sorry," Mick said.

"Which is fine, Mr. Rory," Rip said, "because you are owed an apology,"

"Could you say that again?" Seraphine sassed with an amused smirk.

"I should have told you before that this wasn't my first attempt to vanquish Vandal Savage, but the reason I failed before...."

"Was because you didn't have all of us," Ray reasoned.

"Obviously, Dr. Palmer and I had our hands' full tending to Ms. Sanders," Professor Stein said. "But now that she's back on her feet...."

"We're back to full strength,"

"Or as strong as we can be without Carter," Kendra pointed out.

"Quite true," Rip nodded "but there is no point in us continuing further. Unless we are all...and myself included, committed to working in concert,"

"You don't ditch us; we won't ditch you," Seraphine shrugged.

"Sir I've completed my review of the timeline," Gideon reported. "I calculate a 98% likelihood that Savage reappeared in 1986,"

"Chart a course, Gideon," Rip ordered.

"Guess we're headed to the '80s," Ray said. "Better break out your parachute pants,"

"What the hell are parachute pants?" Jackson asked.