Chapter 2: Ramyeon

After that, all you could hear is the sound of slurping, crickets, cicadas, dogs barking, and a rooster crowing. It suddenly became quiet for both parties do not know what to talk about. On the inside, the thief was wondering why he was still there instead of the police station.

"Are you planning on doing something after I eat this bowl of ramyeon?" he asked for his head was full of questions. She shook her head in denial, "Of course not." was all she said. 

"I was planning to, but you seem like a nice guy and besides, you brought a fake knife. I think you need a friend than being in jail right now," she added as she looked him in the eye. He sighed and asked her a question once again.

But before he does, Anastacia spoke first. "If you have a lot of questions to ask, go ahead. I may answer all of them," she said to let him calm down for she knows he feels anxious right now.

He nodded and started to ask, a lot of questions but Anastacia was willing to listen and answer. As a writer, she knows that not all bad guys started as bad people.

"Why did you ask me to be your friend?"

"I have no friends, I do have fans who support me but they are not close to me to call them friends."

"Ah, I see. Then, are you not mad at me for trying and rob you?"

"No, you did not even successfully manage to rob me," she said as she laughs making him embarrassed. 

"What happens after I leave?"

"I do not know actually. It depends on what will happen next."

"How or why did you become an artist?"

"Studying, praying, doing it until my body gives up, support from your family, and a good mindset. I became an artist to make my talent to good use and prove to people I can make money with this kind of job."

"Oh, I wish I was you."

"No, you don't."

"And how do you know that?" he asked in an angry tone.

"Because being someone you are not will not make you happy. Being yourself is better than pretending to be someone else."

It was another sound of silence after she said that. She stood up startling him as she grabs his bowl. 

"Where are you going?" he asked seated on the floor. "I am going to make another bowl of ramyeon. You want some more?" she asked as she opens the door.

He nodded and waited in the room. She went down to the kitchen and made another bowl of ramyeon, this time it is only 3 packs and she fried some spam. 

He looked at her artwork on the screen carefully not touching it in case it will get deleted. He saw how much work she has done and realized who she really is as she analyzed the artwork. Anastacia had a stage name which is a simple name, "Tash". 

He was actually a fan of hers which inspired him to continue his dream until he received negative feedback from his loved ones. 

The door opened and she was there holding a tray filled with two bowls of ramyeon. He helped her by fully opening the door and getting his bowl of ramyeon then sat on the floor.

"You cooked spam?" he asked as he blows his ramyeon. She nodded and started eating it. 

"You didn't even blow it," he said surprisingly. "If you always eat ramyeon, you will get used to it," she replied.

"So, you are the Webtoon artist named Tash," he started making her stop slurping and looked at him.

"I thought that was the reason you tried and rob me?" she asked and she was surprised that he did not know who she really was.

"I just found that you have such gadgets and you were a new artist or something," he said as an excuse which made her chuckle, and seeing that made him smile.

"Are you going to start eating your ramyeon or?" she asked and he nodded and started eating.

She continued the variety show she was watching before he came, he watched with her even though he is not familiar with the show.

Hours have passed by as they silently watched and eat. Noticing that the rooster has finally crowed, they opened the binds making them blind for a second. He turns off the light while she fixes their bowls.

"So, what are you going to do next Mr. Thief?" she asked as they both went downstairs.

"Back all alone at my apartment I guess," he said as he shrugs. 

She finally finishes washing the dishes and she grabs his shoulders. "I will not give you gadgets until you continue what you love. Whether a pen or paper, use what you have and focus on the people who support you instead of those who always see your flaws. One of the reasons why I am successful is that God taught me. Oh, you probably may hate that last part but what I meant is that-," she was cut off by him hugging her.

"It is okay. You give the best advice and you probably are weirded out right now since we just met last night and now I am hugging you," he said as he slowly releases her.

Despite their height difference, I mean their lives, they became friends and did not judge each other. Instead, they talked to each other ad slowly get to know each other. 

"Looking for something?" she asked as she noticed him look around. "You have a pen or paper?" he asked and she checked her pockets and only had a pen. 

"What do you need this for?" she asked as she hands it to him. Then he held her arm and starts writing his name, number, and Facebook account.

"Since we are friends now,  let us get to know more about each other. Also continually support each other," he said and she nodded as she looks at what he has written.

"Want me to drive you to your apartment since you already know where I live, you shall return a favor which is me knowing your house," she replied as she gets her car keys. 

"Hey, Anastacia. Can we stop at a convenience store, I want to buy some ramyeon for lunch," he added and all she replied was a laugh.

She nodded as she closes the door to her house and locked it. 

( ͡❛ ω ͡❛) A/N:

I guess that is it for this story! I hope you enjoyed it and if you feel like you needed more, don't worry. There might be special chapters every occasion! 

So stay tuned! For the adventures of Anastacia and Mr. Thief.

God bless you every one!