History

𝗘𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁; (𝚊𝚍𝚓) 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗.

(Before we continue, this is the second book of my fear street series, meaning the events happening in 1994 will connect to this one! If you haven't read it, I would suggest you do)

1994

Theodore Fraser never thought he'd be in the situation he was in now. He found himself lifting the window open of a complete strangers house.
In other words, he was breaking in. However, he had good reason. Along with his girlfriend Kate Schmidt, and his friends Deena and Josh Johnson, they were at their last opportunity to get ahold of this 'C. Berman.'

The group had continuously called the residence and knocked at her door multiple times, but no one ever answered. They were at their last resort to get even a little information on what was happening to Theo's sister, Samantha Fraser who could be found tied up in the back of Deena's trunk. Of course that sounds terrible, but it was obviously for good reason. Sam was in a no good state of mind or physical being.

After searching almost every entrance and opening to the house, Theo had finally found an open window that wasn't sealed shut like all the others. He gently nudged the bottom of of the window, cracking it open as he slipped the tips of his fingers under the very bottom of the window. He silently celebrated as he continued opening the window big enough for him and the others to crawl through.

"Guys, come on! I got one!" he whispered quietly as he put his flashlight in his mouth, his teeth biting down on the handle, securing the flashlight before he began to hoist himself through the window. The boy was about halfway through the opening when he felt a tight grip on his shoulder, soon pushing him to the ground of what looked like the kitchen. Theo gasped, quickly rolling over to face a tall figure hovering above him.

"Don't fucking move!" a female voice shouted at him. While Theo's eyes adjusted to the dark, his flashlight that has now fallen to the ground, shined upon the figure, revealing a burgundy haired woman, holding a knife in her right hand with the eyes of pure anger and terror.

"Wait! Wait! Stop, please! Please, we called you!" Theo quickly shouted, holding his right hand in front of him to try and defend himself. As he spoke, Kate had jumped through the window, falling beside Theo and covering him like a shield.

The woman who Theo assumed to be C. Berman's eyes widened as if she had seen a ghost. She glanced to her left, looking at Deena and Josh through the window, then back down at Theo and Kate. She gasped, her hand dropping to her side along with the knife.

"Why would you come here?" she asked, her face looking more angry than shocked, now.

Finally allowing Theo and Kate to get up, the group of teens led Berman to Deena's car, popping the trunk once it was visible to the woman. Almost instantly, Sam gave a loud roar, thrashing from side to side to try and get her hands and legs untied.

"No! No, no, no! You need to leave! Right now! You have no idea what you're doing!" C. Berman exclaimed, looking over at Deena with wide eyes.

As C. Berman started to walk back towards her house, Deena was quick to stop her, walking in front of the woman to block her. "Wait! Yeah, exactly. You are the only person who knows what we're dealing with," she said.

"Which is why I don't want that thing anything near me. Now, get that car and 'it' off my property," Berman argued back, not giving any sympathy.

"Her name is Sam," Theo quickly interrupted, C. Berman turing around to face the younger boy. "Listen, you could have watched us dead on the six o'clock news, but you didn't. You called Deena back," he said.

Berman sighed, avoiding eye contact with Theo as she shook her head. "I cant help you with this!" she exclaimed, crossing her arms.

"You are our last chance! The witch-"

"No. I'm sorry-"

Deena quickly stopped C. Berman from running away again, taking a deep breath as she stood in place again. "My girlfriend is possessed by her and tied up in a trunk, but you- you saw her and you survived. What was different? Please. Maybe, something happened to you, something that can help us stop her," Deena started to explain, tears jerking at her eyes.

"There's not! You can't stop her. Run, far as you can, fast as you can! That is your only chance," Berman said, walking past Deena and rushing back towards her house.

"Look, we can't just run!" Theo cut in again, stepping forward towards C. Berman. "Sam- I cant let her die. I won't let her die! She's my sister!" Theo said, looking at C. Berman with pleading eyes, his throat starting to choke up.

C. Berman just stood there, now turned towards Theo. She looked him in the eyes for the first time that night, the boy noticing the lines of her eyes glimmering in the moonlight. Was she crying?

She took a deep breath, biting her inner lip. "Just keep her away from Major Tom," she said, turning around once again and finally making it inside her house. There was hope.

After a couple minutes of struggling to get Sam securely tied against the ventilation pipes in C. Berman's bathroom, the group of four gathered in Berman's living room, standing awkwardly as she searched through her bookshelves, Sam's grunting and screams muffled in the background.

Josh smiled at C. Berman as she turned around to face the teenagers. "It's completely fine. She's tied up in the bathroom, so she like, totally can't leave now. We're cool," he said, one last loud roar from Sam echoing from the bathroom.

Berman just rolled her eyes, sitting in her recliner chair and stared at the four. "Take a seat," she simply said, motioning towards the floor in front of her.

The group all made eye contact before sitting down on the rug, Theo and Kate sitting on the left while Deena and Josh sat on the right.

C. Berman then opened the old, dusty, stained book in her lap to the first few pages, her face grimacing as she looked at the pages. "In Shadyside, the past is never really past. This was July 12th. The summer of 1978. The first day of camp," she said, throwing a polaroid photo of C. Berman and her sister standing in front of the Camp Nightwing sign.

"A week later, my sister was dead."

To be Continued