Unanswered Questions

𝗘𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁; (𝚊𝚍𝚓) 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗.

"How does someone just snap like that? I mean, I get she had a lot going on but... don't you find this a little weird?" Michael had found his mind racing with countless thoughts as he watched police flood the area.

After Nick and him had reached the Mess Hall, they soon figured out from Kurt that Nurse Lane had apparently went batshit crazy on Tommy, trying to kill him. Something felt off though, or at least for Michael it did. He knew most people thought Nurse Lane was going to crack one day because of her daughter.

"I don't know, Mike. You know what happened with her daughter. I mean, can we all really be that in shock? Sure, she was a sweet lady, but maybe this stuff runs in the family?" Nick suggested, trying not to sound like a total asshole towards Michael.

Michael just stood still, his furrowed brows indicating that he was in the middle of a deep thought, Nick just biting his lip as he waited for his friends response. Michael sighed gently, his face relaxing, finally. "I dunno, maybe you're right. I just... something doesn't feel right about all of this. Isn't it weird how neither of them showed signs about this sort of behavior?"

Nick opened his mouth to oblige, but he couldn't find any words to let out. For once, Nick Goode was stumped. "I mean- yeah it's weird. But, you've got to think that other mass murderers have done the same thing," he said with a shrug. Maybe that could mean something?

Before Michael could give his response, something else seemed to catch his attention. Looking ahead of him, he spotted familiar bright, red hair. There stood Ziggy Berman, and beside her, Sheila and her friends ready to pick a fight with the girl. Michael sighed, obviously seeing where this interaction would lead to, looking over at Nick. "Hey, I'll catch you later. Gotta handle something real quick." Michael quickly walked over to Ziggy, catching some of the conversation before he could reach her.

"Hey, witch. So sorry... I know you and Nurse Psycho were close. Guess you can visit her in jail now," Sheila said, smiling confidently as she crossed her arms, planting her feet in front of Ziggy.

"Fuck off, Sheila." Ziggy quickly snapped back as she rolled her eyes, Michael soon standing beside her.

"Come on, Sheila. Don't you have something better to do? Now scram, you know I have just as much power as your little Sunnyvale counselors right?" Michael said, biting his bottom lip in an annoyed manner.

Sheila seemed to be speechless as Michael spoke, her jaw slowly clenching as she realized there wasn't much she could say anymore, due to the fact that Michael did in fact have power over her. She huffed softly, putting on a weak smile as she looked over at Michael. "Whatever, Thatcher. Always coming to save the day, aren't you?" she scoffed, now looking over at Ziggy again. "By the way, you might want to go and check your stuff, I think there was an accident in cabin five."

Both Michael and Ziggy looked over at each other with the same worried expression. Without warning, Ziggy stormed off across the field and down towards her cabin, moving further and further away from the Mess Hall until Michael couldn't see her. He gently sighed, looking over at Sheila with a disappointed frown. Kids were such assholes nowadays.