Chapter 1

---𝗦𝗮𝗻𝘀' 𝗣𝗢𝗩---

Sans was. . . . . not okay.

He was suffering, slowly drowning in the deep despair of depression. He should have been happy the human kid Frisk had freed all monster kind from the underground. They had freed Asriel from the flower and even convinced them to come to the surface with them. They had helped Alphys make a soul for Chara through the use of their own soul and their determination bringing them back to life. They even brought Gaster, Sans' and Papyrus' father, back from the void so he could finally live a happy life with his family.

Frisk Chara, and Asriel now lived with King Asgore and Lady Toriel, who both were past soulmates who broke up, soon slowly begining to forgive each other finally getting to be a family again.

Alphys and Undyne had known they were soulmates long before they found the courage to ask the other out and now they began to live together and were soon to be wed.

Mettaton and Papyrus had started dating after finding out one lucky day that they had been each other's soulmates and even started their own show together often traveling around quickly becoming popular.

Gaster had reunited with his old lover and soulmate Grillby although Grillby had a kid he didn't mind and even adopted her as his own. They both had children before they had met and found out they were soulmates because the both were afraid they never would find there soul mate and neither of them minded that having understood why they did it.

Everything was perfect even the humans who felt sorry for trapping the monster in the first place had welcomed the monsters. Sans should have been happy but he couldn't find it in himself to bring up that joy. He was not happy. He remembered everything the kid had done before they finally promised never to reset again. They even destroyed the reset button right infront of him so to let him know this was the true complete pacifist run. But even though he forgave them he still suffered from the painful memories of those resets constantly haunting him in his sleep. And when he wasn't being plagued with nightmares in his sleep he was being reminded of the fact that he couldn't find his soulmates.

It was a strange thing to think about most people would have figured he didn't have one or just didn't care about trying to find them but he did care. It tore him up inside how he couldn't find them no matter how hard he looked. It made him feel even worse when he went to look to 6 soulmate marks on his arm know he couldn't find a single one of them. It was a strange for Sans out of all people have that many soulmates, most people usually on had one few people had two but to have 6? It just seemed impossible, and it was definitely quite the surprise when Sans was born. Gaster had not only been amazed but also worried for his son when he first held him and saw the marks. See each person had a mark that represents them as a person known as a soulmate mark, this mark would appear on the shoulder of whoever your soulmate was. The thing about Sanses marks was most of them looked fairly violent. The first one had just been a simple black apple, the next was an axe covered in blood, after that was a knife also cover in blood, then another knife tho this one was covered in some strange black goop instead, the next one was another knife yet again tho this one had no blood or goop it was just a red knife, the last one and probably the most disturbing to others was what looked like strings ripping a soul apart. Although others had been worried for Sans when they would see his marks he would not be bother by them.

The most Sans would feel when looking at those marks was sadness. He used to look at those marks and be super happy knowing he had 6 soulmates to love him, but over the years that happiness faded. He became more and more depressed about it as people around him had found their soulmates while he still hasn't found even one of his. It stayed like this for many years slowly making him more depressed the kids runs through the underground had been the only distraction from it tho no having been a good distraction considering the genocide runs only made him even more depressed and traumatized.