1

The two had been carrying out their latest mission all day and it was finally over with.

"Hey, Dazai." Dazai responded with a "hm." To show he was listening.

"Let's get a drink." The ginger says.

Dazai follows Chuuya into the bar. Dazai came there quite often.

The two sit on the stools, Chuuya takes his hat off and sets it next to him.

"I'll take my usual." The two said almost at the same time.

They look to each other and then look away.

"You never did tell me why you left the Port Mafia." Chuuya states.

"Right indeed." The brown haired man said.

"Do you remember Odasaku? The man who never killed?"

Chuuya nods. "He was your friend wasn't he?"

"Yeah."

Dazai takes a sip of his drink.

"What's he got to do with why you left?" Chuuya asks.

"He told me id never fill the void in me. That no matter what side I was on I'd keep wandering with no answers."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Chuuya questions.

"He told me to be on the side of good. The side that saves and protects people. To take in the orphans." Dazai finished.

"He's got one thing straight; No matter how you want to live your life you'll drown. It's like quicksand."

"I imagine you're enjoying yourself though. You always wanted to work by yourself." The taller man said.

"I did- no, I do, but you up and left without saying anything asshole. How was I supposed to know that the next day you'd be up and gone without a trace for two years?!"

"Hmph, you have a point." Dazai says. He gets up and walks to the door.

"Let's do this again soon, Chuuya." And just like that he was gone.

Since Chuuya couldn't bring himself to go back to his sad apartment, he stayed and drank a while longer.

A/N: Hi! Thanks for reading this chapter. This story was inspired by a Soukoku head canon video I saw on TikTok. (I have the users permission to use this idea of course)