Origins Pt. 1

"WHERE IS MY LUCKY TIE!" A man with messy brown hair was running around in the home like a madman.

A woman sighed at the sight of her husband as she placed breakfast on the table, "Hun, can you not make a mess? Did you look in the drawers or laundry? And do you really need that tie?"

"Yes, but they are not there. It's a bad omen to not wear it on the first day of the year. Do you know how hard teaching a class full of teenagers is? They are ruthless, Ellen! Ruthless!" The man rambled, throwing the cushions from the couch.

Mia, Ellen and Emile's four-year-old daughter, was already eating her breakfast. She giggled at her dad's behavior, making her mom smile. Ellen picked up a napkin and wiped the messy whip cream off her face.

A girl, with long strawberry blonde hair, walked into the room. She wore a light blue contrast collar sweatshirt, black skirt, knee socks, and white sneakers. She held a grey plaid tie in her hand as she walked up to her uncle.

Her uncle paused when he saw the tie being held out to him. He grabbed the tie and hugged the young girl, spinning her around. "Thank you, my precious niece! You are my little savior. I would've died without this!"

Mia saw this, jumping on her chair. "Spin me too, daddy! Me too!"

Odette kept a blank expression as she let him continue to spin her around. Ellen rolled her eyes at her husband's behavior, "Emile, let Odette go so you two can eat breakfast. You don't want to be late for school."

Emile placed Odette down, messing his daughter's hair before sitting down at the table. Mia smiled at him, giggling when he winked.

They began to eat their breakfast and Ellen looked at Odette, "Are you ready for the new school year? You get to meet new people and maybe make potential friends."

Odette glanced at her aunt and shrugged, "Maybe....."

"Well, I just hope there won't be any boyfriends! You aren't allowed to date until you're married." Emile said, stuffing bacon in his mouth.

Odette and Ellen raised their eyebrows at him, making him look at them, "What?"

"Nothing."

Emile looks at Mia, "That means you too, sweetie."

Mia frowned and muttered, "But Daniel's my boyfwend."

Emile's eyes widened, dropping his pancake and snapped his head towards her, "EH!?!?"

♡♡♡

Odette had lived in Paris her entire life. Her parents met in her mother's home country, Germany at a ballet concert. Her mother played Odette in Swan Lake and her dad fell in love. It's the reason why Odette was named, to be a reminder of their fated meeting.

Unfortunately, when Odette was five, they died in a car accident. She was at a recital waiting for her parents to arrive, but they never came.

Her uncle, Emile, was working in America with his American wife, Ellen when they got the news. They were just newlyweds and having the news of potentially raising their newly orphaned niece was difficult, but they couldn't leave her. So they decided to move and stay in Paris for her sake.

This year, Emile was going to be Odette's homeroom teacher. She always wanted to know how her uncle taught. Some of his old students stayed in contact, asking for great life advice that he seemed to give. She just hopes it doesn't bring her a lot of attention, seeing as they are related and he was overprotective, especially when it came to boys.

"I have to stay back this week for meetings so I won't be able to drive you home. Are you okay with that?" Emile asked his niece as they headed inside. She gave a small nod and walked ahead of him as he stopped, seeing the principal wave him over.