Origins Pt. 2

"The Stonebeings are all over Paris. For now, they're showing no signs of movement. Police have cordoned off the areas." The reporter said as it showed the stonebeings frozen in place.

"We won't stop until we get these people back to normal but we're not making much headway." The mayor told the reporters.

"Paris is relying on our new guardian angels, Ladybug and Chat Noir to save us. Our lives depend on them." The reporter ended as Emile turned off the TV.

Emile sighed looking at his niece and daughter, who ate their breakfast. Mia was giggling as Odette tickled her.

Emile silently sighed and his wife looked at him concerned. They knew Kim was Stoneheart and was worried if he turned again. They want Odette to be safe, knowing that she cannot run because of her sprained ankle. They had discussed that Emile would watch over Odette throughout the day.

Emile didn't want to place Ivan in that position, but he wants Odette to be safe. It is until the Stoneheart situation is resolved. He may even talk to Ivan about the situation and be there for him. He knew the boy didn't mean any harm. He wasn't a bad kid. He just needs help in how he communicates with others.

The family finished their breakfast, saying their goodbyes. Emile and Ellen kissed each other and he tickled Mia, kissing her forehead. Then, Odette waved at the two before the niece-uncle pair left.

They got into his car and headed towards the school. As they drove, Odette leaned against the window in a daze. Emile glanced at the girl, "How's your ankle feeling?"

Odette shrugged, "It's okay."

"That's good. I wonder how Ivan is feeling. Poor kid. I probably was too harsh with him yesterday, seeing as Kim said something to him. I should've sat down with the two of them." Emile reflected.

Odette looked at her uncle and placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked over to see her smiling softly at him, which makes him smile back grateful.

♡♡♡

As they arrived at school, Emile headed off to talk to other teachers. Odette decided to sit against the wall, listening to orchestral music with one earpiece. She was interrupted by a voice next to her. She looked over to see a crowd surrounding Ivan.

"You don't remember?" Alix asked the boy.

"You were totally ballistic. It was so cool." Juleka smiled at the memory.

"You were seriously out to get me," Kim said.

Odette saw Mylene standing a bit away from the crowd. She seemed uncomfortable during the discussion. Ivan and her made eye contact, making Mylene look away immediately.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't myself." Ivan apologized, making Odette's eyebrows furrow.

Chloe scoffed at the apology, "Once a monster, always a monster."

Ivan growled at her words, storming off. It made everyone in the circle nervous because they thought he was going to turn.

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out," Chloe shouted to Ivan.

Marinette, Alya, and Odette scowled at Chloe's words. Odette stood up and walked after the boy, wanting to talk to him. Marinette seemed to start to walk, but saw Odette and stayed behind.

Odette walked into the locker room, seeing Ivan listen to his music on the ground.  Odette silently went to him and sat beside him. He didn't seem to notice her so she tapped his shoulder. He looked at her, taking off his headphones.

"You should tell Mylene how you feel," Odette said softly.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Ivan said, looking away. He glanced at her to see her raised eyebrow. He sighed, nodding his head, "Yeah, I really like her. I don't know how I should tell her. I'm no good with words."