Today, Tonight, Tomorrow...and forever

Based off Today, Tonight, Tomorrow by  Rachel Solomon

In which 2 academic rivals team up to win their last high school game.

______________________________

It started off as a good day. Just a normal, standard, typical Monday.

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window, the faint sound of someone typing on a computer, the sound of someone mowing their grass and the annoying sound of someone sending me a text.

Not just anyone but the one person I hate the most in this entire world.

Ricky bowen.

Of course he had to text me 5 minutes before my alarm. Of course he had to text me in the first place.

I should be use to this, it should be something I'm use to by now but everyday it still makes me angry. A whole other level of angry. A Ricky bowen angry.

It started when we were sophomores after a series of arguments made us late to our first class. For a little while I tried to make a Bowinator free zone and put my phone on silent every night, but my fingers still itched with replies.

We've always been competative ever since he won the first contest. A stupid contest about a book that impacted us the most. He came in first with A Real Literature book while I came in second with a romance book (which he scoffed and teased me with later). Since then we've been competing for first place. Essay writing, math tests, history debates, school projects, push up challenges in gym, basically anything that requires winning (even things that shouldn't be a competion) we compete against.

Today was the last day of school, the last day of my highschool life, the last day I'll ever have to see him again which means no more morning texts, no more sleepless nights and coming up with retorts, insults and snidy replies.

I'll be free.

"Mom" I called and got out of bed "Dad"

I opened my bedroom door and stood in the doorway stretching

My mom poked her head out of their office, "Nini, what are you doing up already?" She adjusted her necklaces with one hand and with the other checked her watch

"Its morning..." I said, my dad came out of the office too and put an arm around her

"Oh I guess we were too busy to check the time, didn't even realize we were in here all night" My dad said and scratched his head

"Hows it going? did you get it done" I asked rubbing my arms for warmth. It was cold even for our town

"Yep we finished it and we were just about to send it in" My mom said

My parents were authors and have written over 30 books together. It went from picture books to weird animal ones to chapter books.

They practically wrote every genre. Except romance ones.

"Hey its your last day of school right" My dad asked which made a flurry of nerves run through me like a herd of elephants.

"Yeah...I can't believe its finally here" I crossed my ankles

"Ooo you know what that means" My mom said and I swear I seen something gleam in her eye

"Nooo Mom please" I already knew what was coming

"A picture with the butterfly!!" She jumped up and clapped her hands together in delight

"No please Mom do I have too"