Bonfire XII: Upward & Onward

_____________________

[DISCLAIMER]
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. Dark Souls is property of Bandai Namco and From Software. All art/videos/music shown are property of their respective artists/companies.
____________________
.
.
.
.
.
__________________________________

Glynda Goodwitch tapped at the clipboard she held. Her prodding was consistent and rapid, a sign of how lost in thought she had become.

The wooden tray-like object held nearly a dozen sheets of paper, all holding passages of nearly indecipherable text. She scanned over the contents thoroughly though, taking in each and every detail she had written about the individual students. Their performances were varied to the highest degree, some worse or better than others.

This, her careful confirmation of reading the texts over and over, was to calculate who would be more promising as complimentary matchups for future reference.

Some pairs, such as "Asche" and Lie Ren, worked perfectly. The two rivaled each other in nearly every way. Their skill in humanoid based combat was well above average, as was their prowess in Grimm slaying. Other match ups however, such as Yang Xiao Long and Tyler Mauve's, was a recipe for disaster.

Yang had figuratively and quite literally demolished her opponent seemingly without a shred of effort. Tyler Mauve was outclassed in every way possible, making for a painfully swift round. The same was said about the two other matches from Nora Valkyrie and Pyrrha Nikos. The three were powerhouses in terms of raw physical combat, soaring even above Ren and "Asche".

But in terms of semblance usage…

Weiss Schnee dominated in this field, "Asche" quickly falling as a rival. Yes, Ruby had near mastery over her immense speed and Yang's damage absorption was not to be trifled with; yet Weiss showed a well versed skill in her semblance. She was not capable of her families summoning just yet, but had already used her limited semblance in an admirable and imaginative manner. She was tested time and time again before attending Beacon, as expected of a Schnee.

"Asche" , though, held the advantage of having a rather bizarre semblance, even for aura dampening types. His own aura moved as a weapon, a form of camouflage, and a supposed "weapon coating" to give his blades an extra edge. And of course, the emerald shaded crescent of the "Cresent Moon Sword"

Like Lie Ren, Weiss held a similar yet so different fighting style to the champion. And with the two so close in ability to their more than capable semblances, Professor Goodwitch considered postponing a match between the two. Ms.Schnee and Mr.Embers had the potential to be an iconic fight, considering how well they each would improve over the coming months. Then again, "Asche's" transcripts were rather bland compared to her's, the more confirmation Glynda had over his ability, the better.

But Glynda broke from her trance, stealing a look at the time portrayed via her scroll. Her class time for today was dreadfully running short, nearing the final bell. After silently berating herself for having wasted such precious minutes, she drew the attention of the class again.

"The matches for today are officially concluded." She sternly announced. "Be sure to check your scrolls later to view your performance and be doubly sure to review the accompanying notes."

Indecipherable murmurs fell upon the students. Some worried for their scores, whilst others lazily sunk into their seats. Within the later hours of the day, the students would either be taken by surprise at their grade, or become utterly disappointed. Sadly, only a select few would have an acceptable score.