Chapter One

A/N

I'm going to be putting memes at the top of each chapter because I have no where else to put them. Some might be kotlc ones, some might just be random ones.

It was an unusually cold day in the Lost Cities. Sophie lay on her bed, covered in at least ten blankets, looking at her memory log. She was nervous. She didn't want to relive last night's nightmares. But it was important, crucial, even, to record every important memory, every nightmare, to help her fight the Neverseen. It was the only way. She didn't have any other ideas.

So, reluctantly, Sophie started to project her memories of last night's terrifying dream onto the pages. When she was done, she quickly slammed the book closed and tossed it aside. She did not want to stare any longer at the terrible pictures.

She had to take her mind off of it. Or else she'll become a hermit and hide under her covers in fear for the rest of, well, forever.

Just then, perfectly timed, Biana hailed Sophie on her imparter. Sophie picked it up, and with a sigh of relief, accepted the hail.

"Sophie, Sophie, Sophie!" She said in a sing-songy kind of voice. "Tonight, the night we've all been waiting for, is going to be...... spectacular!"

Sophie cringed. What kind of fancy party was she going to be invited to now?

Noticing her friend's reaction, Biana said, "I'm just kidding, Sophie. Sleepover. Everglen. Today. You can come over whenever you want! It's gonna be awesome!"

"Who all is coming?" Sophie questioned Biana.

"Oh, just me, you, Fitz, Tam, Linh, Dex, and Keefe."

"What about Marella?"

"She... she couldn't come." Biana looked disappointed. "Her mom's having one of those days again. Marella wanted to stay home with her."

"Oh. Uh, can I come over now? I need something to do," Sophie asked. Anything to take her mind off of her nightmares.

"Sure!" Biana exclaimed, her teal eyes glittering with excitement. "See you soon! I'll be at the gate to let you in."

"Sounds good. I need to change and pack, but I'll be there soon," Sophie said.

A/N

(324 words)