Chapter Three - Drowning The Sorrows

It's the crack of dawn and I'm fumbling about in the kitchen trying to make some breakfast to carry up to Alliyah, for her to enjoy in bed. I've made some avocado and egg on toast. I pour some coffee and some fruit juice then put these on the tray. I did myself some toast while I was doing hers. Now it's all prepared and ready, I take the tray upstairs to our bedroom where Alliyah is still in bed. She's laid back against the headrest on her phone.
"Here you go babe, I've managed to do this for you. I hope you enjoy it."
Before I even place it down on her lap, she pushes it away. Due to the sheer force and uneven weight on the tray, it falls out of my hands and spills onto the carpet. The glass just catches my foot. Ouch! I grimace at the pain. She laughs, I don't even think she's realised that the glass has injured the foot.
"You stupid idiot, Jacob! I'm going to get a shower and head out."
Then she over steps the mess on the floor and heads straight for the en-suite. I'm just stood there, shocked. I walk round to pick up my own phone and call the cleaner. I ask them what do I need to use on the carpet as I don't want to ruin it. They offer to clean it up for me knowing that I have training to get to soon which I thank them. I go to get the dustpan and brush to pick up the bits of food. Once it's all cleared from the food, I dress myself, pack my gear for training and wait for Alliyah to appear from the bathroom.
"Would you like me to drop you off somewhere on my way to work, Alliyah?"

"No, I've got a taxi booked to take me to the dentist. I'm going to grab some breakfast on the way. It'll be better than the crap you brought me."

"Okay... I thought you were at the dentist last week and that everything was good?"

"Wherever I'm going, its... it's none of your business anyway Jacob!"

"Fine babe, if that's how you feel, okay. I'm going to make tracks. Hope you have a good day wherever it is you're doing."
Then I leave. I don't bother waiting for her response. Oh crap! I forgot to grab some fruit on the way out. I'll stop off at a shop or something on the way to the training ground. Why am I the idiot? I ask myself. I thought I was doing a nice thing for her. I hope the cleaners manage to get the carpet cleaned properly. I wouldn't mind so much but it cost a fortune to buy that carpet.