Chapter Nine

Another night and another drink in my hand but at least I'm at home. No one can say anything to me about my drinking or lack of a life with me being at home.
My takeaway arrives, so I pick up what I need from the kitchen and plonk myself down on the sofa where I have a few beers ready for me. I flick through the channels and I can't decide what to watch. Looks like something is nearly finished so I leave it on. I begin to tuck in this food. I'd be surprised if I haven't put any weight on over the last few months with the amount of fast food I've shovelled down my neck.
Dirty Dancing comes on and I'm finding myself comparing the Baby character to Kacey, like people only see what they want to see about her yet there's so much more to her. Even I want to know more about her, I don't know why I do but I just do. I reach for my phone and I message her.
"What film is that then Jacob?"

Hmm is she testing me?? Ha ha cheeky girl.

"What channel is it on? I might watch it with you."

I wish we could watch it together so I can see how much she loves it. Maybe I'll say that to her for real sometime.

"It's okay Jacob, I understand that you're busy, as long as you are okay."

Aww how can be she can so sweet when I've practically been ignoring her. I ask her which points does she like on the film.

"This is one of my favourite bits. It's the passion, the desire, well there's so much I love about it. (Heart eyes emoji)"

Wow, she loves the sexy scenes, huh?!! I wonder if she likes the sensuality whenever she's intimate with someone. Okay, I don't know where that thought has come from but now all I can think about is doing what Jonny is doing to Baby and doing that with Kacey. I've always thought she was really cute anyway. I try to change the subject. Quickly. We chat for some more.

Today, we're all on our way to Paris for the Champions game. Thankfully the boss lets us have a few hours to do as we please before he wants us all to meet. As we're just pulling up at the hotel which looks very fancy, I decide to have a wander around for a bit by myself. That is until Richie gates crash my plan. Ha ha! I don't mind in the slightest, I'm sure we'll have some fun, hanging out.
Whenever we get to a visitor hotspot, I make sure to take some pictures and do some short clips for my stories, for the fans and for me to remind me of being here. Richie tells me he's already been here and loves it. His misses loves it too. Apparently, it's the city of love! We both feel hungry and we find ourselves outside some restaurants where there's seating outdoors. The waiter takes our orders.
"So how are you holding up Jake?"
—-
"It's been crap really. I'm sorry I've been a jerk and not focused on the game. I'm letting everyone down. The only time I don't really feel this feeling is when I'm drinking."
—-
"You know that we're all here for you brother. It sucks when you have a breakup and especially when it becomes public knowledge. You'll get through it. While you're here, try to enjoy the break and the different scenery."

I hear my phone pinging in my pocket and I try to fish it out. As soon as I light up the screen, I notice Kacey's comment.

"What's got you smiling like you are?!?"