Chapter -3 Part -3

"Hello, Ayanokouji-Kun, Horikita-San. I didn't expect to see you two here" After seeing us in the hallway Ichinose greets us.

"Ah, Good evening Ichinose," I said.

"What are you two doing here?" Ichinose asked.

"Nothing," I want to answer honestly but Horikita spoke up before I could utter a word.

"For no reason?" Ichinose said.

"What about you? Why are you looking for Sakura-San? She's from our class. What do you need from her? Horikita asked as she interrogating her.

"There's no need for you to be on guard. Sakura-San and I are very good friends. We often meet at this place in the evening. When I heard noises in the hallway I thought it's her. But it looks like she didn't come here today," Ichinose said.

That's a surprise. I never expect Ichinose to be friends with Sakura. Even Kushida failed to become friends with her.

After that, I explained everything to Ichinose much to Horikita discomfort. She was sending me intense glares the whole time as I was explaining the situation to Ichinose.

"So this the situation. And now you looking for a witness to prove Ayanokouji-Kun's innocence. If that's a case then I want to help you" said Ichinose.

"What. Class B leaders want to help Class D. Aren't we supposed to compete with each other. There is nothing for you to gain from this. How we can be sure that you not going to backstab us." Horikita argues. I knew she was against the idea of working with others especially with someone from another class. But in the current situation, Class D need every help they can get. We don't have the luxury to be picky.

"I know as long as we are in this school there, competing is inevitable. But we are all students of this school. So we should help each other while we can. I am sure there is no rule against helping each other." Ichinose said.

I can't tell if this is Ichinose genuinely feelings or she faking it. I was already fooled by Kushida once. I look at Horikita, she still as her guard up against Ichinose. If Horikita didn't take initiative then I have to.

"Are you sure that's the only reason you want to help us?" I asked Ichinose. She didn't replay, just smiled. I immediately understand what that smile means.

"Okay, If that's the case then I gladly accept your help, Ichinose," I said.

Just as Ichinose and I were about to shake hands, Horikita stop me and grab my hand.

"One second," She said to Ichinose and drag me away from Ichinose.

"What are you thinking? Forging an alliance with Class B. How can you be so sure that they will not betray us" Horikita asked clearly pissed.

"Because betraying us will do no good to them," I said.

"How," asked Horikita.

"If they betray us they will be helping Class C win and if Class C win against us their influence on other students will also increase, which can be a threat to Class B. That's why they want to help us. Even if we win against Class C, we will be no threat to them," I explain everything to Horikita. She seems to be in deep thoughts. After some time she sighs. It looks like she finally made a decision.

"Okay, I approved of this alliance," Horikita said. Then we meet up with Ichinose and accepted her proposal.

"But there is one thing I want to makes sure, Ichinose-San," said Horikita with a serious tone. I and Ichinose both look at Horikita with confusion as she faces Ichinose.