02: Meadows, Dewdrops, And Yamazakura

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Pass the end of winter's cold
Until the spring day comes again
Until the flowers bloom again
Please stay, please stay there a little longer

~BTS, Spring Day

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

Winter had left and spring came in the blink of an eye. The smell of the morning sun emanating from the various flowers that can be found in the garden invaded Bam's sense of smell, slightly calming the nervousness inside of him.

The brunette looked at the tree that was shading him from the sun. It was a common type of Sakura that can be found anywhere in Japan, Yamazakura. Albeit it was the most common tree in spring, Khun loved it otherwise.

Bam felt someone tapped his shoulder lightly. He looked at the person who did the act.

"How is he Dr. Gustang?" The younger asked the man who now sits beside him.

"He is fine, for now. But I cannot say in the future."

Bam sighed shakily and put his cold hands in his face.

"Do you still don't know what is in him?" Bam asked but the doctor just shook his head solemnly.

Bam hadn't believed in diseases like Hanahaki or Star Tears. Yet his lover is suffering one in these types of fictional sickness. He doesn't know how, when, or where in the world Khun had gotten it.

"May I see him now?" The older just nodded and Bam scurried over to one of the familiar hospital room he inwardly despises.

"Hey there Khun-san. How are you feeling?" Bam had already known how he feels, but he asked because the question is more of like a reassurance to him that Khun is still there, breathing and alive.

"I feel light and a bit drowsy. But still, it looks fine."

Bam slowly approached his beloved, held his hand in his and kissed Khun's knuckles as light as a feather, afraid that he will be broken with a single touch and never be seen again.

"Bam."

"Yes?"

"Come with me, I want to show you something."

The two were about to leave when Khun stopped and returned hurriedly inside the room. When he came back, he was carrying the camera that Bam owns.

Soon enough, they arrived at the place where the bluenette wanted to show Bam. Khun led them in a land full of grasses that somehow resembles a golden wheat.

They sat down near the roots of the Sakura tree that Khun loves as they both laid in the meadows of the land. There were also dewdrops dampening their clothes as the wind sings while the Yamazakura flowers danced.

Khun heard camera shutters beside him as he just chuckled.

"You always take a picture of me. Why not take a picture with both of us in it?" Bam's action halted at the sudden realization before pulling his camera above their heads and took a picture.

"Hey. Atleast give a warning or something. Do it again."

"Ah. Sorry Khun-san." Bam gave a sheepish look before positioning his camera again but this time, the brunette was the one who got caught off guard.

The both of them heard the camera clicked, but their attention is not directed towards the object, but towards each other.

Khun suddenly pulled the latter's chin and placed his lips onto the brunette's one. Bam almost lost his handle on the camera but steadied his grip in the end nonetheless.

The two broke apart, their foreheads connected before Bam put the camera down somewhere and kissed him again.